Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is it worth asking dealer to program global opening, ( rais)

Primus1

My last car had it ( ford called it global opening, not sure what Toyota’s name for it is) , it’s in for its first service on Monday and was just wondering if this feature is worthwhile, I never really used it much on my last car, only sometimes if it was really hot, but with my cross I can remote start it and, if it’s hot, I can have the aircon on a few minutes before I get in, just wondering how useful it is..?

Would it be useful if when you close the door to leave the car after a drive to find a window has been left open?

• Like 1

You can access these features via the MyT app, you can start climate, lock/unlock, flash hazards, power window etc, the features are limited. I have used it to start the car and get some heat in the cabin in the winter to defrost the screen 

Afaik, I can’t access close/opening windows through the app, just starting the car for it to use the climate 

You can have the dealer program opening/closing with a long press of unlock/lock button on keyfob. Alternatively you can do this yourself (along with other settings) via a Carista dongle (and phone app) plugged into the OBD socket (beneath the dash).

• Like 1

I might ask them if they’ll do it

I hope you dont mind me hijacking the thread (a little) can i ask if the dealer can turn keyless entry off i am not a fan and would prefer to use the fob to lock/unlock the car.

48 minutes ago, Yaris_Cross said:

I hope you dont mind me hijacking the thread (a little) can i ask if the dealer can turn keyless entry off i am not a fan and would prefer to use the fob to lock/unlock the car.

You can turn off/on smart lock/unlock yourself from the car/customise menu on the head unit...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CPN said:

You can turn off/on smart lock/unlock yourself from the car/customise menu on the head unit...

Unless yours doesn't have it (like my MY23 9" Smart Connect), then Carista is the only way 🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Yaris_Cross said:

As CPN says there should be an option in the headunit for that, but be aware it also disables keyless start, so you'll need to hold the key up to the button when you press it (Or press the button with the smartfob)

• Like 1

Thanks all that is good news.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links