Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Valve cover gasket job hits speed bump

YodaJ

Hi everyone, 1st time poster. I’ve an ‘06 d4d t25 with the 1cdftv engine. It leaks oil like there’s no tomorrow from somewhere at the top so I’m changing the engine cover gasket. 

I’ve a question about the 4 seals mounted in the cover itself, they seal around each injector. I expected that 4 new ones would come with the gasket but that’s not the case. The Toyota parts guy at the desk was looking it up and said they dont come out of the cover, they are built into it and that the only way to change them is to buy a whole new cover . So I just refit the cover with the old ones right? Well no, because I had already been pulling at them with pliers and poking with screwdrivers. I haven’t damaged them too much but yes a bit.

What do you guys think? Are they really not an item I can replace? Sounds mad. 

The steel fuel injector pipes also have a nozzle seal each, got 4 new ones of those no probs.

If that’s what the parts advisor says then it will be a new cover , is it too expensive? 
If yes, then you can pull these out , take a measure of them and try to find something similar size but needs to be high heat resistant and put it in and close the cover. Or perhaps you can buy form in place silicone sealant, make the seals yourself but don’t close the cover in the next 24 hrs, wait the seals to form and then close the cover with the rest of the new gaskets. Torque to specs as this is ultra important. 
Good luck 

• Thanks 1

Thanks TonyHSD. That sounds fairly tricky, but it’s a last option maybe. Yes he said the new cover was over €500, didn’t even get to the point of looking to see if they are discontinued or not. I think for a first attempt I’ll put a thin layer of high temp silicone around the injector where it meets the seal/cover, then mount the cover.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

if you are questionable, then the seller misled you, oem code for injector seals 23681-17010

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links