Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV4 Made and awaiting Shipping from Toyota City Japan

MikeBer

Getting a little excited as now informed RAV4 has been made and awaiting shipping. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for it to be shipped and prepped ready for dealer to handover in UK?

• Like 1

Topic moved to the Rav4 forum.

Sea journey around 40 days. 

When it arrives in the UK, vehicles are transported to Toyota Burnaston for some preparation and then moved to dealers, etc.

See:

• Thanks 1

When collecting from dealer just make sure your bonnet gaps line up nicely as two days after picking mine up I noticed my bonnet alignment was out, contacted Steven eagle who took a look and said it had to go to their approved body shop 2 hours away and be driven by one of them, I said no way you can low loader it, nope would cost me £850 they said so it’s still like it , came from the factory like it , seen another couple since too, mine was sept 23 plate. Toyota didn’t want to know either which was a shame as I wouldn’t buy anything else.

IMG_1368.jpeg

IMG_1367.jpeg

IMG_1371.jpeg

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

When collecting from dealer just make sure your bonnet gaps line up nicely as two days after picking mine up I noticed my bonnet alignment was out, contacted Steven eagle who took a look and said it had to go to their approved body shop 2 hours away and be driven by one of them, I said no way you can low loader it, nope would cost me £850 they said so it’s still like it , came from the factory like it , seen another couple since too, mine was sept 23 plate. Toyota didn’t want to know either which was a shame as I wouldn’t buy anything else.

IMG_1368.jpeg

IMG_1367.jpeg

IMG_1371.jpeg

Whoa that's pretty bad.

You know on my 2021 I get a lot of road and wind noise in the cabin. Worse than Amy other car. But some folks don't seem to have it. I'm wondering if there's some bad seals or something on mine. Gets swapped 1st September for a new one so I'll know for sure.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Topic moved to the Rav4 forum.

Sea journey around 40 days. 

When it arrives in the UK, vehicles are transported to Toyota Burnaston for some preparation and then moved to dealers, etc.

See:

Many thanks for information, I'm due to receive on the new registrations date in September 2024

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

IMG_1368.jpeg

IMG_1367.jpeg

IMG_1371.jpeg

Many thanks for the eye opener, will be checking all gaps over the complete body work.  I know they try to rush you from previous new cars so am cautious and will not be rushed.  Any other pointers?

• Like 2

Everything else was fine tbh , I wasn’t impressed by Steven eagle or Toyota over my bonnet issue , I wasn’t letting some unknown drive my brand new car with less than 100 miles on ,two hours to a garage called Essex auto spray in Stansted (not even a Toyota body shop just an approved one ) it should have been correct from factory , it’s not too bad now if you didn’t know you probably won’t spot it, a good mate of mine ex panel beater took a look and adjusted it , not 100% but 98% better . But like I say I have seen a couple of brand new ones in two different dealer showrooms with a similar bonnet alignment. 
superb motor you will be well happy though !

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

Everything else was fine tbh , I wasn’t impressed by Steven eagle or Toyota over my bonnet issue , I wasn’t letting some unknown drive my brand new car with less than 100 miles on ,two hours to a garage called Essex auto spray in Stansted (not even a Toyota body shop just an approved one ) it should have been correct from factory , it’s not too bad now if you didn’t know you probably won’t spot it, a good mate of mine ex panel beater took a look and adjusted it , not 100% but 98% better . But like I say I have seen a couple of brand new ones in two different dealer showrooms with a similar bonnet alignment. 
superb motor you will be well happy though !

Hi Phil, Many thanks again for the update and the knowledge that it is a superb motor.  It took a lot of searching and researching before buying.  As I said previously I will check the gaps over all the body and also be taking photos, I was; now retired, a building survey and was involved in inspecting luxury flats before they were handed over to our client to sell so have a detailed eye for things wrong.  I know its slightly different but I do have a comprehensive list to view and check. Am so looking forward to driving it.  Many thanks again

• Like 1

I certainly wouldn't let them drive my car that distance. When I was waiting for my car, Steven Eagell, they didn't know that I could track the car on the MyT app. No longer possible as they have a way of switching it off. Anyway they managed to pull 95mph between dealers on the M1. The manager was very upset when I should him a trace of the speeding and breaking that had happened to the car. To be honest it was a very brief burst of speed but not necessary.

• Like 3

Glad I didn’t allow them now . 
like I said I’ve always had Toyota’s or Lexus and this is the first brand new one I have had and it is lovely to drive, my other Toyota is the GR Yaris so a totally different beast to drive so best of both worlds, wife drives the Rav mostly but when I get a chance I forget how nice it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would certainly agree not to allow someone else to drive your car to the body shop Phil.

Would they not allow you to drive it yourself ? 

Certainly it should never have left the factory being misaligned, is it a Japan build Phil ?

• Like 1

Yes I could have driven it myself but it was over two hours away ridiculous nothing closer. Yes Japan build I ordered it and waited and tracked its progress, Toyota confirmed it had not been  damage on route . 
I have since seen at least two more brand new ones with the bonnet out and even on autotrader now there’s a couple of new ones you can see are out too , will post picture of one I saw yesterday stand by.

my bonnet was out at the front like below on these but also at the windscreen end, it had to be slackened off on the hinges and twisted and aligned 98% better you would find it hard to see now if you didn’t know .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

IMG_1603.thumb.png.aea61b7f5c59645828b8bbda10f10280.pngIMG_1602.thumb.png.8ebd0309494a1114e8f78b2cd4dbb153.pngIMG_1600.thumb.png.8bdb964251e17a942b0e5fe81a21362b.pngIMG_1601.thumb.png.29e21d610d50913b11e32c426f732e41.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

I certainly wouldn't let them drive my car that distance ...

In the interests of balance, I'll take the contrary view ... 😉

Thus far, I've bought my cars from dealerships that I trust to supply and service said cars. Under the terms of our 'contract', they are obliged to supply a car of reasonable / proper quality. If, though no fault of theirs, the car arrives from the manufacturer in an imperfect state, they are obliged to remedy the situation and, within reason, I am obliged to enable them to do so.

So, as long as my trusted dealership takes reasonable care of my car, I wouldn't have a problem with their driver taking it to a body shop a 'reasonable' distance away. Through the App I can track where the car goes and how it is driven, and, honestly, it would be really quite hard to 'damage' a Toyota hybrid just be driving it - I haven't succeeded yet! 🙂

On the other, other hand, I would be more than a little disappointed that the issue hadn't been picked-up during PID and resolved before handover ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I asked Steven eagle why was the body panel box ticked on the PDI sheet to which I’ve had no answer , all Toyota U.K. said was the selling dealer would sort out, years ago Toyota dealers had there own in house body shop but now they use an independent one approved by Toyota, a good friend of mine works for my closest Toyota dealer as a warranty claim guy and said the shop they use isn’t very good and have problems with them so I wasn’t going to send it to Essex auto spray (Steven eagle uses) two hours away ! They may be good they may be not but on a quick Google map they didn’t fill me with confidence.

• Like 3

On 7/7/2024 at 10:44 AM, philip42h said:

In the interests of balance, I'll take the contrary view ... 😉

Thus far, I've bought my cars from dealerships that I trust to supply and service said cars. Under the terms of our 'contract', they are obliged to supply a car of reasonable / proper quality. If, though no fault of theirs, the car arrives from the manufacturer in an imperfect state, they are obliged to remedy the situation and, within reason, I am obliged to enable them to do so.

So, as long as my trusted dealership takes reasonable care of my car, I wouldn't have a problem with their driver taking it to a body shop a 'reasonable' distance away. Through the App I can track where the car goes and how it is driven, and, honestly, it would be really quite hard to 'damage' a Toyota hybrid just be driving it - I haven't succeeded yet! 🙂

On the other, other hand, I would be more than a little disappointed that the issue hadn't been picked-up during PID and resolved before handover ...

As I understand it some dealers switch off the tracking whilst in their care. That is something I’ve heard but have no experience of myself. But I’ll have my own tracker fitted to cover that eventuality 

Many thanks for your helpful comments 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links