Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 C-HR Headunit upgrade from 8” to 12”?

GrzMik

Hello!

Few weeks ago I have ordered new C-HR mk2 in base configuration for I think really good price. I’m from Poland, so trim levels are completely different, our base model (for about 25k£) has dual-zone climate control and 12” instrument cluster. The only real issue with this trim for me is 8” headunit. It looks atrocious with those huge side bezels. It would take about 5k£ to upgrade to higher trim with 12” headunit and some other stuff. Not really worth it. Anybody knows if it would be possible to harvest that bigger headunit from a wrecked car down the line and install it in my car? Are original headunits coded in some way to specific car? I had a Corsa before, and those headunits were locked to car with some kind of passcode, is it the same here? Does Toyota even offer to sell a headunit for a car originally without it? If yes, where could I find part number for it? I would appreciate any advice about possibility of retrofitting used parts from higher trims to base car specs.

Just be aware that if you swapped the head unit with a used unit, the replacement and subsequent  installation won't be covered by the new car warranty.

If buying a new head unit from Toyota, that may only be covered by a 1 year accessory warranty. 

If fitting yourself, installation won't be covered under the new car warranty.

replacement head units are very expensive, especially as it is a current production car £1-2k euros, they are not coded but if it's a smart connect system you will need to get it set up with the DCM for connected services/ota updates, bigger does not always equal better in some cases

get the car and live with it for a while

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Just be aware that if you swapped the head unit with a used unit, the replacement and subsequent  installation won't be covered by the new car warranty.

If buying a new head unit from Toyota, that may only be covered by a 1 year accessory warranty. 

If fitting yourself, installation won't be covered under the new car warranty.

That's understandable, but would Toyota dealership even consider this and prize the service?

• 1 month later...

Hi Grzegorz surely you are going to run into a few problems some of which people have already mentioned. However surely the the dashboard you  currently have is designed for an 8" fitment not a 12" so without stating the obvious surely this  creates major hurdles. If you pursue this project you are a braver man than me but good luck anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links