Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2017 Noise at 2000 rpms

monkryman

I have a 2017 Auris 1.2 manual that is making a loose rattling noise when there's a load on the engine around 2000 rpm.

Local mechanics don't know where it's coming from. Seems to be getting worst and starting to rattle randomly when accelerating.

To me it sounds like it's something with the exhaust system but I'm not sure. Has anyone else experienced this?

Hi Ian,

Try and look at all the heat shields or ask a mechanic to investigate all the heat shields and make sure they are not detached or create vibration due to being slightly loose/broken

Usually in time the aluminum from vibrations cuts around the heat shield bolts.

• Like 1

Some models of those have a bracket that holds the exhaust to the engine housing, just check that bracket is not broken

• Like 1

As suggested, 

you need to recreate the conditions when the rattling noises are happening and start looking for them by yourself. 
Rise the car on stands , ask someone to be in and in N push accelerator to rise rpm until rattling starts, go to front and open bonnet and listen where the noise is coming from, use mechanics gloves and touch carefully exhaust brackets, manifold, catalytic converter insulation, heat shields all along the system. Sometimes these cars has broken brackets, can be front , engine or back of the car. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links