Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Do you only use a Faraday Pouch at home or maybe hotel/pub?

olddriver

With my fob in my pocket, but out of its Faraday pouch, I can open my driver’s door, but the passenger and rear doors stay locked.  This is a good idea as it means, particularly for a lone woman driver, someone cannot jump into any of the other doors.  To open these doors, I need to press the key fob “open button” twice.  Or reach across to release the front passenger door from inside.   The weak point is that, if I open the boot, both front doors are unlocked.  Have not yet checked if the rear doors are also unlocked.  Personally, I think that when the first approach is to the boot the door locks should remain locked until the driver’s door is approached.

22 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

The weak point is that, if I open the boot, both front doors are unlocked.  Have not yet checked if the rear doors are also unlocked.  Personally, I think that when the first approach is to the boot the door locks should remain locked until the driver’s door is approached.

Toyota isn't going to fix that issue now - first gen C-HR is classed as obsolete & out of production.

Only a serious safety issue / fault will get the engineers thinking heads activated to work out a fix for an out of production product. 

19 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Toyota isn't going to fix that issue now - first gen C-HR is classed as obsolete & out of production.

Only a serious safety issue / fault will get the engineers thinking heads activated to work out a fix for an out of production product. 

Not a problem for me - I am the sole driver of the car and quite able to control my security situation.  Being fully alert to what is going on around you is the best way to avoid being caught unawares.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links