Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav map Update

bill the glue

Hi I have a 1.8 Hybrid Auris Bis Edition 2016 . Sat nav maps seem to be all over the show , sometime the sat nav works perfectly  other times it sends me anywhere except where I want to go. My guess is that maps need software update. My local Toyota dealer wants over £300 to up date the data base. I am reluctant to pay such an extortionate amount. There appear to be a number of web sites that offer downloads , but I cannot establish if they are bona-fide. 

Has any one any experience of updating the sat nav soft ware in this fashion? and if satisfactory can they forward a link

nb system on my Auris is TOYOTA TOUCH 2

Bill S.

I bought a Toyota map update from eBay for my 2018 Auris nearly 2 years ago. The supplier is still there: ebay.co.uk/fahadshaikh10

The install process was faultless and the satnav has performed reasonably well. I'm sure it was a genuine product, but it has let me down a few times, sending me to the wrong location or telling me to drive down a 3ft wide alleyway. After a couple of mis-directions I bought a second hand Garmin: ebay.co.uk/itm/373785472938 which has free lifetime map updates. It's not as elegant as the Toyota unit as it's stuck on the dash with a suction cup. But, it's probably a better sat nav. 

I still use the Touch & Go 2 most of the time because it's convenient, but (with hindsight) I wouldn't have bothered to update the map. I would have just bought the Garmin instead.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wooster said:

I bought a Toyota map update from eBay for my 2018 Auris nearly 2 years ago. The supplier is still there: ebay.co.uk/fahadshaikh10

The install process was faultless and the satnav has performed reasonably well. I'm sure it was a genuine product, but it has let me down a few times, sending me to the wrong location or telling me to drive down a 3ft wide alleyway. After a couple of mis-directions I bought a second hand Garmin: ebay.co.uk/itm/373785472938 which has free lifetime map updates. It's not as elegant as the Toyota unit as it's stuck on the dash with a suction cup. But, it's probably a better sat nav. 

I still use the Touch & Go 2 most of the time because it's convenient, but (with hindsight) I wouldn't have bothered to update the map. I would have just bought the Garmin instead.

Was that the cd update or usb files?

On 7/8/2024 at 4:23 PM, bill the glue said:

Hi I have a 1.8 Hybrid Auris Bis Edition 2016 . Sat nav maps seem to be all over the show , sometime the sat nav works perfectly  other times it sends me anywhere except where I want to go. My guess is that maps need software update. My local Toyota dealer wants over £300 to up date the data base. I am reluctant to pay such an extortionate amount. There appear to be a number of web sites that offer downloads , but I cannot establish if they are bona-fide. 

Has any one any experience of updating the sat nav soft ware in this fashion? and if satisfactory can they forward a link

nb system on my Auris is TOYOTA TOUCH 2

Bill S.

Yes even the app store on toyota website charges £300 ish for 3 years of updates. There are cheaper options you can buy just a year i believe

15 hours ago, Paul john said:

Was that the cd update or usb files?

It was an internet download, stored onto my own USB memory stick - which was then inserted into the car. The activation code was supplied by email. 

image.thumb.jpeg.6bed13c1e0a560b0b2030699c8c09638.jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links