Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

For your eyes only Londoners.....

Mojo1010

The problem is it's inevitable - They either need to cut public services even more or taxes will need to go up.

At this rate we'll be seeing the end of free education, health care and god knows what else.

This is what I was saying in another thread - I'd rather core taxes go up than these weaselly not-so-stealth taxes, and I'd love to see where all this money is going because I'm pretty sure a lot of it is being wasted, but instead of kerbing that waste they reduce funding to everything-  schools, hospitals, police, fire etc. while twisting stats to say they are increasing funding.

The funny thing is Blackwall tunnel has been insanely congested for as long as I remember, but only now when they need more money it's suddenly a concern. The sheer dishonesty of it all is what pees me off - We all know this is nothing to do with pollution or our health, but a way to raise more money, but they never have the balls to admit it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

The problem is it's inevitable - They either need to cut public services even more or taxes will need to go up.

At this rate we'll be seeing the end of free education, health care and god knows what else.

This is what I was saying in another thread - I'd rather core taxes go up than these weaselly not-so-stealth taxes, and I'd love to see where all this money is going because I'm pretty sure a lot of it is being wasted, but instead of kerbing that waste they reduce funding to everything-  schools, hospitals, police, fire etc. while twisting stats to say they are increasing funding.

The funny thing is Blackwall tunnel has been insanely congested for as long as I remember, but only now when they need more money it's suddenly a concern. The sheer dishonesty of it all is what pees me off - We all know this is nothing to do with pollution or our health, but a way to raise more money, but they never have the balls to admit it.

I believe they haven't got a clue, I remember reading what hong Kong did, they lowered all taxes, allowed the population to grow, it actually took 10years to see a return on the experiment, but it showed you don't actually need to have high taxes, you can have low taxes, and the people spend more giving more money in lower taxes, but hey let's carry on with a system that's being failing for a long time

2 minutes ago, 2toyos said:

I believe they haven't got a clue, I remember reading what hong Kong did, they lowered all taxes, allowed the population to grow, it actually took 10years to see a return on the experiment, but it showed you don't actually need to have high taxes, you can have low taxes, and the people spend more giving more money in lower taxes, but hey let's carry on with a system that's being failing for a long time

Hmmm… sounds like they used Sim City as a training resource

11 minutes ago, Paul john said:

Hmmm… sounds like they used Sim City as a training resource

I take it you're one of these that helped labour get in, maybe you can play Sims with kier

I do wonder what's going on in Hong Kong - Ever since China clamped down on all news media there you hardly hear anything. I suspect the underlying feel of the place has changed a lot... :sad: 

23 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I do wonder what's going on in Hong Kong - Ever since China clamped down on all news media there you hardly hear anything. I suspect the underlying feel of the place has changed a lot... :sad: 

just  expect monitored and restricted internet in the “new territories”

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 2toyos said:

I take it you're one of these that helped labour get in, maybe you can play Sims with kier

Nope and why would you question my political leanings ?

nothing to do with you and certainly inappropriate for this forum. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links