Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse light not working pre 2009

Smurfetteaygo

Hi all I have 2007 Aygo . I took it to kwikfit for safety check 4 weeks ago my reverse bulb needed changing as it wasn't working so they changed it . Now it's not working again . I'v checked all my fuses and their all good so I'm taking it back up to Kwik fit to see what's wrong .

Surely it's not the bulb again so soon ?

I have read that if your car is pre 2009 reverse lights are not a requirement for an MOT but are they a requirement by law ? So if I'm driving will I get stopped by police if they see it's not working ? I have had a Google but read alot of conflicting advice 🤷🏻‍♀️

I think you will find you fall foul of the mot rule “ if the light is fitted it must function “

30 minutes ago, Smurfetteaygo said:

Is your car “in use” after 2009? Baring in mind it is 2024

• Like 1

🤔 ah I guess I need to get it sorted then 😔

Do not use Kwikfit or any large chain as they are commission based they will upsell you and lets just say their parts fitters are not of the best of their profession, more than likely a cheap and nasty Chinese bulb that has blown again

• Sad 1

Took it back to kwikfit and seems it was something they hadn't done correctly as it's all working now 

What I often found is:

For bulbs that have sat on the shelf for a period of time, the electrical contact (at the bottom tip of the bulb) will be oxidized which reduces conductivity.

Therefore before I install the bulb, I often take a file and give the contact a few good scrubs for good measures.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links