Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery charging problem

Marko545

I have Avenisis T27 with 1,8 engine and I changed alternator. After this occured new issue, and car Battery charging works up to 2400 rpm, but after this rpm value charge stop and charge light start to blinking, about every two seconds short flash. I have tested two different spare part alternator and same issue with both. Any Idea what is issue?

what kind \size and what is the Battery year\date on it ?

Have you measured the charging voltage from the Battery?

I updated old Battery to new, but it didn't affect. Battery is 62Ah Exide Battery. Charge voltage is little bit over 14V, 14,0-14,1V

Why was the original alternator replaced, and was the symptoms the same? Has there been any other work done to the car? Are all the connections and earth straps tight and secure? Also is the alternator fuse okay? A lot of questions. If you are not sure, get an auto electrician who may know what to look for. Did you tension the drive belt properly and with the belt off, how is the condition of the water pump?

Alternator replaced because it was faulty. Didn't work at all and only the charger was replaced. All fuses intact. Of course, all connectors should be fine, but you can never be 100% sure. If anyone knows which pin or i/o and how to control the charger, that would be helpful. Because it work until 2400rpm, alternator is intact, but after this it will get some wrong information. When rpm again drop under 2400rpm, it works well again.

19 hours ago, Marko545 said:

Charge voltage is little bit over 14V, 14,0-14,1V

Is the voltage same over and below 2400rpm?

• 2 weeks later...

I am not 100% sure but I think the ECM controls the Battery charging too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links