Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 Toyota Corolla 1.8 H/B (Hybrid) Oil filter

WillyBobz

Hi everyone

New member here, please treat me gently!

I have (after much research and loads of money!) changed my car brand to New Toyota and joined this forum.

I am having great difficulty trying to obtain the details of the correct OEM Oil filter for my new Toyota Corolla 1.8 GR Sport (Hybrid) 2024, the engine is 2ZR-FXE, the model on door post is ZWE-219R.

VIN: SB1KB3AE10E112036

I have emailed my local dealer, but received no response, I have also been in touch with Toyota Official Spares (Lutterworth) they too state that there is no part number available for this vehicle!

Having searched the Internet relentlesly, it appears that I am not the only person having difficulty trying to obtain this information. Any help would be greatly appreciated in obtaining these details as my only other alternative would be to get underneath the vehicle, remove the oil filter cover cover and physically look 😞

You cannot buy parts from Lutterworth

Go into your dealer and buy the oil filter 90915-YZZM3, plus a drain plug washer 90080-43037, any dealer will stock them, correct genuine part for a brand new vehicle. KEEP receipts for any servicing you do yourself, it's a brand new car, get some decent quality oil in it as well. Somebody is giving you BS, it is a bog standard, biggest selling oil filter, I sell thousands a year 

• Like 2

Hello Will - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Topic moved to the Corolla forum.

Hi Will,  Most modern Toyotas use the same oil filter these days (except pick up diesels and vans).  Search for GENUINE TOYOTA OIL FILTER & SUMP PLUG WASHER 90915-YZZM3 on eBay and save yourself money compared to buying from a dealer if you want to do your own oil change. Good luck!

On 7/12/2024 at 3:46 PM, Parts-King said:

Go into your dealer and buy the oil filter 90915-YZZM3, plus a drain plug washer 90080-43037, any dealer will stock them, correct genuine part for a brand new vehicle. KEEP receipts for any servicing you do yourself, it's a brand new car, get some decent quality oil in it as well. Somebody is giving you BS, it is a bog standard, biggest selling oil filter, I sell thousands a year 

On 7/12/2024 at 3:46 PM, Parts-King said:

Hi Parts-KIng

Thank you for your speedy response together with all the other rellevent information.

Toyota Official Store (Lutterworth) operate a site on eBay, it was they who informed me that my oil filter was not listed... please see image..how strange.

When I tried to buy that particular filter 90915-YZZM3 from their eBay site, it stated that it was not compatible with my vehicle, agian please see image. 

I take on board your comment to buy decent quality Oil and have managed to get 5Ltrs of Genuine Toyota 0W16 from Snows Toyota Plymouth for the sum of £53.87 which is very resonable compared to most other suppliers. It is my intention to change the oil every 6 months as it is also on a yearly sevice plan with the main dealership.

Thank's again, your help and advice is greatly appreciated 🙂

IMG_2094 2.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 16.14.38.png

22 hours ago, JasonM said:

Hi Will,  Most modern Toyotas use the same oil filter these days (except pick up diesels and vans).  Search for GENUINE TOYOTA OIL FILTER & SUMP PLUG WASHER 90915-YZZM3 on eBay and save yourself money compared to buying from a dealer if you want to do your own oil change. Good luck!

Hi Jason

Thank you for your speedy response, I have now had two replies and both state that 90915-YZZM3 is indeed the correct oil filter for this vehicle.

Kind regards

Same one for the 2.0. I think it's a very common filter for Toyota engines in general.

In case you didn't know, Toyota OEM filters supplied to the assembly lines often have different part numbers to the ones sold as aftermarket, even though the construction is the same. Do not be alarmed if you find that your original filter bears a different number,

• Like 1

Hi Red_Corolla

Thank you for your response, I have never experienced so much difficulty in getting the correct information! I have now kindly been supplied with the correct Oil Filter part number from 2 other forum members.

Thank you for also pointing out that there may be different part numbers used to the ones on the assembly line.

Kind regards

On 7/13/2024 at 8:08 PM, Red_Corolla said:

Same one for the 2.0. I think it's a very common filter for Toyota engines in general.

In case you didn't know, Toyota OEM filters supplied to the assembly lines often have different part numbers to the ones sold as aftermarket, even though the construction is the same. Do not be alarmed if you find that your original filter bears a different number,

Construction often LOOK the same but are very different inside, aftermarket filters do not generally have a one way valve (keeps costs down) stick with the correct part numbers, fitting a different number may result in problems

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Parts-King said:

Construction often LOOK the same but are very different inside, aftermarket filters do not generally have a one way valve (keeps costs down) stick with the correct part numbers, fitting a different number may result in problems

Yes, I understand that. When I said aftermarket I didn't mean a pattern part, I meant genuine Toyota, but supplied via a dealership rather than factory fit. For some reason, the filters supplied to the assembly plants get different part numbers. This was exactly the case when I did my initial change just  a few weeks after taking delivery - I tried for a match but no joy whatsoever. You can get the exact same physical part as aftersales, no problem at all, but the number isn't going to match the one if left the factory with. Feel free to tell me I'm talking through my backside, it's only what I've seen and heard.

• Like 1

True, the filter is pretty much the same as on all other gen4 hybrids from 2019 or before that when they switched to metal canister from paper cartridges. mann does good filters together with Hengst, Mahle, Blueprint etc .

For me is more interesting why people are thinking and doing early oil changes if they still carry dealer service per the manufacturer schedule? 
The truth is that this will not help prevent anything but cost you some time and money plus extra risk of thing’s going wrong- less unnecessary work - less trouble in the future. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

True, the filter is pretty much the same as on all other gen4 hybrids from 2019 or before that when they switched to metal canister from paper cartridges. Mann does good filters together with Hengst, Mahle, Blueprint etc .

For me is more interesting why people are thinking and doing early oil changes if they still carry dealer service per the manufacturer schedule? 
The truth is that this will not help prevent anything but cost you some time and money plus extra risk of thing’s going wrong- less unnecessary work - less trouble in the future. 

My reasoning is that anything residual to the assembly process and the initial settling of components is best removed from the lubrication system sooner rather than later. There's a mountain of evidence to refute the actual necessity of doing so, therefore I'd rather plead superstition than argue the toss. 😂

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2024 at 8:08 PM, Red_Corolla said:

Hi Red-Corolla

Quick update......

You were 100% correct, the filter as fitted on the assembly line was 90915-CA004, now fitted with 90915-YZZMM3 from Toyota Official Store, Lutterworth through (Ebay).

Thank you to all that responded, I can now rest assured that I have not only the correct oil, but also the correct oil filter and crush washer 🙂

IMG_2463 3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links