Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid vs Stag

TonyHSD

As per the title, 

I had a very unfortunate event this morning, a large dear or stag went out of the bushes and straight into my bumper.
It was a huge impact with loud bang. Sorry for the poor animal, even though I was driving well below the 50 mph limit the size of the stag and the speed simply made a big mess. I pulled over after a while and what I see was not pretty, oh dear. Bumper, wing, lights, grills pretty much the corner of the car was bad. 
Later in the afternoon I had a chance to have a look and luckily I managed to fix the things.
Front bumper was unattached from its bracket’s together with some plastics spoilers and fog light and drl unit. Basically everything at the corner is broken to some extent but with new clips and some extra diy reinforcement to the broken fog light fixtures all went up together. The wing lining it’s broken and the tow hook cap is missing, but I will fix these with tape and wrap next week. 
The car will go for test drive shortly tonight. So let see how everything holds up together 😉👌

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Σύμφωνα με τον τίτλο, 

Είχα ένα πολύ ατυχές γεγονός σήμερα το πρωί, ένας μεγάλος αγαπητός ή ελάφι βγήκε από τους θάμνους και κατευθείαν στον προφυλακτήρα μου.
Ήταν τεράστιος αντίκτυπος με δυνατό κρότο. Συγγνώμη για το καημένο το ζώο, παρόλο που οδηγούσα πολύ κάτω από το όριο των 50 mph το μέγεθος του ελαφιού και η ταχύτητα απλώς έκανε μεγάλο χάος. Τραβήχτηκα μετά από λίγο και αυτό που βλέπω δεν ήταν όμορφο, αγαπητέ. Προφυλακτήρας, φτερό, φώτα, σχάρες λίγο πολύ η γωνία του αυτοκινήτου ήταν κακή. 
Αργότερα το απόγευμα είχα την ευκαιρία να ρίξω μια ματιά και ευτυχώς κατάφερα να φτιάξω τα πράγματα.
Ο μπροστινός προφυλακτήρας δεν ήταν στερεωμένος από το στήριγμα του μαζί με μερικά πλαστικά σπόιλερ και προβολείς ομίχλης και μονάδα drl. Βασικά τα πάντα στη γωνία είναι σπασμένα σε κάποιο βαθμό, αλλά με νέα κλιπ και κάποια πρόσθετη diy ενίσχυση στα σπασμένα φώτα ομίχλης ανέβηκαν όλα μαζί. Η επένδυση του φτερού είναι σπασμένη και λείπει το καπάκι του γάντζου ρυμούλκησης, αλλά θα τα φτιάξω με ταινία και θα το τυλίξω την επόμενη εβδομάδα. 
Το αυτοκίνητο θα πάει για test drive σε λίγο απόψε. Για να δούμε λοιπόν πώς θα πάνε όλα μαζί 😉 👌

εικόνα.jpeg

εικόνα.jpeg

εικόνα.jpeg

εικόνα.jpeg

εικόνα.jpeg

εικόνα.jpeg

εικόνα.jpeg

εικόνα.jpeg

εικόνα.jpeg

εικόνα.jpeg

εικόνα.jpeg

As I can see in the photos, it doesn't look like much damage. According to what I've read and seen from you here, this is all very easy for you (just kidding) good job

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's very unfortunate, it's a good job that you are good at DIY with cars otherwise will cost quite a bit or insurance claim etc. Hope it'll be all ok once you have fix all the bits together. 

• Like 2

Oh deer ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yikes I'm glad you're okay! I've had a few near misses but nothing the size of a deer! :eek: 

Fortunate that most of the damage seems mainly limited to fairly easily replaceable bits and nothing structural! Hope it doesn't cost too much to fix...!

• Like 1

Thanks all. 
I was upset but now thinking it could have been worse and if I had to claim on the insurance this would have been the end of my car, just short of 280k miles. And my mission is to bring this car to 300k. All done and there are no problems , everything works fine and looks ok, just need to do the a bumper hole cover diy again or drive past the same place later on and see if I can find my one . It didn’t cost me anything just few plastic clips. I would say been lucky this time 🍀 

• Like 9

Thankfully it was only minor damage and you wasn't injured.I have known a couple of people who have similar accidents with Stags hitting there cars and it caused tremendous damage and in both cases it killed the stag. We often see these in the countryside but never think about them running out in front of the car,it makes you think.:smile:

• Like 3

That's unfortunate to say the least Tony.

However, I'm a bit disappointed after seeing the thread title, I though it might have been one of these.

Stag.jpeg

1 minute ago, Slartybartfast said:

However, I'm a bit disappointed after seeing the thread title, I though it might have been one of these.

Stag.jpeg

That soft top used to leak really badly in heavy rain

• Like 1

I'm sorry to read all that Tony although I'm actually surprised it isn't worse. Maybe it was a glancing blow. Anyhow you are OK which is the main thing and the damage is really cosmetic  as much as anything and ultimately that can be put right.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2024 at 10:56 AM, Slartybartfast said:

Stag.jpeg

The car lives on.....which is a Triumph, of sorts!😆

• Haha 3

Even the cap you can replace on eBay. Almost no damage.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

The car lives on.....which is a Triumph, of sorts!😆

The car lives on... which is a TRUMP!

Glad, TonyHSD, you weren't injured and you are handy

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jcps001 said:

Even the cap you can replace on ebay. Almost no damage.

Thanks. 
I see the caps on eBay cost circa £25-35 unpainted. 
Will drive past the place of incident first to look for mine if not then try local dealer, it could be cheaper there as I need a spray to paint it too. , but for now I have the solution.

image.thumb.jpeg.4dc10971b1a5df4a5f94045889f64ae8.jpeg

• Like 4

Do you know anyone with a 3D printer? That's just the sort of thing they're useful for!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links