Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"Engine Stopped, Shift to P..."

Jxdilodallav

Hello, so I went to the store yesterday, got out of the car and left it running, then turned around to go turn off my car. Once I closed the door and locked it, I went back into the store. Then once i was done and got back into my CH-R and tried to turn it on, it would not turn on at all. I kept getting a notification saying “Engine Stopped, Shift to P, Ignition on”. After towing my car home, and trying to jump the car, I took my Battery this morning to get checked, and it was at 90 percent (good). Tried two different keys, disconnected the Battery for 30 minutes and hit the starter, and still nothing. Has anyone came across this issue before?

You’re supposed to put it in P if it's sitting for more than a few minutes. I also read somewhere (probably when I was researching how to leave the car running for 40 mins to update my sat nav) that it needs to be in P so the engine will start/stop to keep the Battery from discharging.

(assuming yours is also a hybrid)

The OP seems to be in the US - 2 litre petrol with CVT only. The C-HR was discontinued there after 2022. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links