Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Black/Grayish Smoke from 1.4 D4D

Egis123

Hello,

My urban cruiser 2010 1.4 D4D recently started to emit black/grayish smoke from exhaust. When driving normally there is no smoke but going above 2.5K Rpm and fully accelerating then it starts to emit and keeps emiting untill i let go. 

I have figured out that driving aggressively for some minutes will eventually come to a point where no smoke will come out whatever i do.

On the other hand driving below 1.7K rpm constantly for some minutes no smoke will come out but the first moment i accelerate hard it will emit insane amounts of black/grayish smoke to the point where it makes like a big cloud.

I also see no significant change in fuel consumption or any power loss.

The car has its particulate filter removed some time ago.

I did all the cleaning, and egr check but everything seems fine. 

What can i do?

Regards

Hah, reminds me of my dad's old TDCI Focus - He'd usually only drive it on very short journeys, so short he'd sometimes get as low as 130 miles out of a tank :eek: 

One time I borrowed it and when I got to the on-ramp onto the M25 and floored it, a massive plume of soot blasted out the exhaust - Must have scared the bejeezus out of the guy behind me :laugh: 

It does sound like there is soot building up in yours for some reason, and then getting blasted out when you accelerate harder. Need to narrow it down - Could be bad fuel, variable turbo vanes stuck, partly clogged injectors, hardened soot obstructions in the exhaust, faulty/blocked EGR...

I'd try running a few tanks of Shell V-Power diesel or equivalent (Or some fuel system cleaner like Redex or BG244) through it first to see if that makes any difference...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links