Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis 1ADFTV 2.0D4D engine oil usage

2009joe

hello quick question im wondering is it supposed to be these engines use or burn oil i have no black reek or nothing from engine and im using genuine toyota 05/30 fully synthic oil car has 64k on the clock as i changed the oil and had it up to the right mark and found it when checking it as going on a long trip it needed more oil to put it back up again. is there any fix for this or who do you guys think would repair this fault 

hi there im not sure how the title has speaker in it .lol its nothing to do about Speakers just oil usage on the 1adftv 2.0 d4d engine.

Mod' note: Title correction.

Every car engine with time and mileage will start to use oil. 
Your one it’s no too old or high miles, imo it should not use oil but there are always possibilities. You need to check for oil leaks. 
This Toyota oil , where did you purchased from? 
Try another brand oil. I had recommended to you Petronas 5w30, and I do again, or you can try Shell helix, Castrol, Mobil 1, millers, and make sure you have exact specs. 
Poor quality oils can lead to oil consumption in relatively new cars.
The reason is that those oils can’t stand the higher temperature and evaporates. If you are buying Toyota original parts and fluids do so only through official Toyota dealers who sell cars too. 

• Like 1

I had a 2.0D Avensis (2012). It had 440kkm on the clock when I sold it. The oil never had to be added at the 15kkm service interval. I used Helix 0W30 (ACEA c3).

21 hours ago, 2009joe said:

...i have no black reek or nothing from engine...

Is there any blue  smoke during or after acceleration?

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 2:51 PM, TonyHSD said:

Every car engine with time and mileage will start to use oil. 
Your one it’s no too old or high miles, imo it should not use oil but there are always possibilities. You need to check for oil leaks. 
This Toyota oil , where did you purchased from? 
Try another brand oil. I had recommended to you Petronas 5w30, and I do again, or you can try shell helix, castrol, Mobil 1, millers, and make sure you have exact specs. 
Poor quality oils can lead to oil consumption in relatively new cars.
The reason is that those oils can’t stand the higher temperature and evaporates. If you are buying Toyota original parts and fluids do so only through official Toyota dealers who sell cars too. 

i got the oil from this guy 2 jars of it, not my usual place (BurrowsCarPartsbut the oil looks genuine came in a plastic bag also and ceased looks genuine .maybe its my mind using oil but never done it before and there is no white smoke when im gunning it .my last vw group car never used oil and plenty mines on it .im thinking maybe there a leek at back of engine as when changine oil etc i noticed back of engine was a bit dirty, do these engines leak after a while as tbh i want to keep this car and drive it into the ground with a million miles i hope lol im kina one of those guys who looks after my cars keeps them well serviced and drive them for years 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166615726817?var=466273635769

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 2009joe said:

i got the oil from this guy 2 jars of it, not my usual place (BurrowsCarPartsbut the oil looks genuine came in a plastic bag also and ceased looks genuine .maybe its my mind using oil but never done it before and there is no white smoke when im gunning it .my last vw group car never used oil and plenty mines on it .im thinking maybe there a leek at back of engine as when changine oil etc i noticed back of engine was a bit dirty, do these engines leak after a while as tbh i want to keep this car and drive it into the ground with a million miles i hope lol im kina one of those guys who looks after my cars keeps them well serviced and drive them for years 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166615726817?var=466273635769

“Parts for hybrid”  is the guy from south London who sells fake parts for Toyota cars. 
I always recommend to everyone, avoid buying Toyota original parts from any other places except dealers who sells cars. 
I can’t say if the stock he has right now is real or not, but all around the world no car manufacturer offer good discount to other traders on their oem parts, this needs to be known and make no sense to buy and sell oem car parts of any brand. All that is to avoid any counterfeit stock been sold as original. 
Why would you buy original Toyota parts and lubricants from a non official Toyota seller?  His stock it’s even more expensive than local Toyota dealers. 
I will never buy anything from this or any other trader who I know started as fake plugs traders on eBay 10 years ago. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

“Parts for hybrid”  is the guy from south London who sells fake parts for Toyota cars. 
I always recommend to everyone, avoid buying Toyota original parts from any other places except dealers who sells cars. 
I can’t say if the stock he has right now is real or not, but all around the world no car manufacturer offer good discount to other traders on their oem parts, this needs to be known and make no sense to buy and sell oem car parts of any brand. All that is to avoid any counterfeit stock been sold as original. 
Why would you buy original Toyota parts and lubricants from a non official Toyota seller?  His stock it’s even more expensive than local Toyota dealers. 
I will never buy anything from this or any other trader who I know started as fake plugs traders on eBay 10 years ago. 

first i came across what about that guy (BurrowsCarParts) i bought from him before and didnt have much of a problem. plus tbh i did ring toyota for oil and was really expensive like £165 for 10l 

2 hours ago, 2009joe said:

first i came across what about that guy (BurrowsCarParts) i bought from him before and didnt have much of a problem. plus tbh i did ring toyota for oil and was really expensive like £165 for 10l 

Burrows and snow group west are official Toyota dealers and they have dealerships in the country. 
If the oil that you have from that guy you had bought last time seems genuine then no need to worry too much but in general it is better to buy only from official dealers to avoid any possible fake parts. 
The oil consumption might be normal. Just keep an eye and next oil change you can try another oil. 
Engine oil no need to be originally Toyota product , some aftermarket like Shell, Mobil , Castrol, Petronas does offer as good or even better quality oils at more competitive prices. 

• Thanks 1

thanks for getting back to me i was wondering could you send me links to those  oil il look at them with my dpf i need low ash oil also and i think i checked different time before and i found that oul that you were talking about was not much cheaper than the supposed to be genuine toyota low ash oil for my 2014 1adftv 2.0 engine 

3 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

thanks for getting back to me i was wondering could you send me links to those  oil il look at them with my dpf i need low ash oil also and i think i checked different time before and i found that oul that you were talking about was not much cheaper than the supposed to be genuine toyota low ash oil for my 2014 1adftv 2.0 engine 

No worries. 
These guys are very good for oils and they have wide selection of different oils. 
https://www.opieoils.co.uk/c-653-5w30-engine-oil.aspx

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-218914-petronas-syntium-5000-dm-5w-30-fully-synthetic-car-engine-oil.aspx

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

i went on there and seen mobile this one 

Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 Advanced Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

is it low ash for dpf how would i know what is quality oil with low ash like the genuine toyota oil for my car 

16 minutes ago, 2009joe said:

i went on there and seen mobile this one 

Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 Advanced Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

is it low ash for dpf how would i know what is quality oil with low ash like the genuine toyota oil for my car 

Yes, this is good stuff. 👌
You can try it for your next change. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes, this is good stuff. 👌
You can try it for your next change. 

thank you i will for sure .how do i know this oil is better will it give my car more power or make it more quiet

The main benefit of a quality oil is the detergents in it, which will help keep the inside of the engine clean and that helps stop the rings from gumming up, which is one of the reasons why oil consumption can start. If that happens to be your problem then regular changes with good oil *might* just clean it up and start to improve the situation in the long term. On the other hand, you could have marking on one or more of the bores and, if that's the case, it's never going to improve. Either way, I don't think anything is going to make it better overnight, so to speak. Just use decent oil of the right grade from a well-known brand and do regular changes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

The main benefit of a quality oil is the detergents in it, which will help keep the inside of the engine clean and that helps stop the rings from gumming up, which is one of the reasons why oil consumption can start. If that happens to be your problem then regular changes with good oil *might* just clean it up and start to improve the situation in the long term. On the other hand, you could have marking on one or more of the bores and, if that's the case, it's never going to improve. Either way, I don't think anything is going to make it better overnight, so to speak. Just use decent oil of the right grade from a well-known brand and do regular changes.

thanks boss car seems going great and tbh was serviced from toyota delers most of it life and had 38k on the clock when i got it now 4 years on its got 64k

I watched a youtube video in the last year of a guy testing oils from various brands and Im certian Toyota came very near the bottom.

After a quick test, my memory was correct

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ranoid2000 said:

I watched a youtube video in the last year of a guy testing oils from various brands and Im certian Toyota came very near the bottom.

After a quick test, my memory was correct

hink i might just change my oil maybe next year i just like putting genuine toyota parts and oil in my car hard to beat genuine toyota genuine parts .my last car i put in motor factor junk and well was nothing but cheap rubbish 

Aftermarket parts can be as good as oem or even better but you need to know the brands and buy from trusted vendors to avoid any potential fake ones. Engine oils for example a good names are Mobil 1, Castrol, Petronas, Shell, Motul, elf, total, Millers, Avoid any Americans oils as these aren’t really good for eu cars. 
Filters mann, Hengst, Mahle, Blueprint 

Blueprint is an English company that offers highest quality aftermarket parts for Far East cars Japanese ans Korean , it’s a part of Febi Bilstein group with head office in Surrey. This show be your first call after of course original Toyota parts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2024 at 9:53 PM, TonyHSD said:

Aftermarket parts can be as good as oem or even better but you need to know the brands and buy from trusted vendors to avoid any potential fake ones. Engine oils for example a good names are Mobil 1, Castrol, Petronas, Shell, Motul, elf, total, Millers, Avoid any Americans oils as these aren’t really good for eu cars. 
Filters Mann, Hengst, Mahle, Blueprint 

Blueprint is an English company that offers highest quality aftermarket parts for Far East cars Japanese ans Korean , it’s a part of Febi Bilstein group with head office in Surrey. This show be your first call after of course original Toyota parts 

i put in blue print diesel filter in and yep blueprint seems good  stuff . what do you think of blueprint bread discs and pads for the avensis .i had nothing but bother with my last car when came to break disca and pads those motorfactor junk parts .tbh always warped few months down the line and tbh i did not treat my last car bad always took care of it as i keep them for a real long time 11 years the reason i got rid of it was was down to the warped discs again and then i bought the toyota i have now 

1 hour ago, 2009joe said:

i put in blue print diesel filter in and yep blueprint seems good  stuff . what do you think of blueprint bread discs and pads for the avensis .i had nothing but bother with my last car when came to break disca and pads those motorfactor junk parts .tbh always warped few months down the line and tbh i did not treat my last car bad always took care of it as i keep them for a real long time 11 years the reason i got rid of it was was down to the warped discs again and then i bought the toyota i have now 

I use only blueprint discs or febi as those are cheapest painted available and pads EBC ultimax. In my Auris hybrid these last ages , Rear almost 100k miles fronts are well over 140 k miles and still almost like new but I am easy on the brakes and I do motorway drives a lot. About warped discs , this is myth and in reality it doesn’t exists. 
Vibrations and pulsating pedals are as a result of dtv disc thickness variation caused by dirty mounting surfaces or use of grease. When change if brake parts you need to thoroughly clean hubs and never use any lubricant on them. Dry fit only. Silicone grease on slider pins and torque to spec the wheel nuts. 
👍

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links