Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Android Phone

Derek Charles

Just brought a new Hybrid Cross Icon Model and been told that the Android Phone is not compatible with the new system (worked alright on the previous Cross Model ) and will not connect , any ideas  

33 minutes ago, Derek Charles said:

Just brought a new Hybrid Cross Icon Model and been told that the Android Phone is not compatible with the new system (worked alright on the previous Cross Model ) and will not connect , any ideas  

Told by who?

The car has Android auto so is built to work with an Android phone.

Have to tried to connect?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Derek Charles said:

Just brought a new Hybrid Cross Icon Model

Presumably the car is Yaris Cross.

Topic moved to the Yaris Cross forum.

Derek,

There have been several threads on this issue - AA and getting a connection.

Can you provide details of the phone, Android version and the car ICE head unit.  We can then assess suitability and make informed suggestions. 

Hi phone is a    Huawei P smart , Car is Yaris Hybrid 2024 purchased in July this year know what ICE is but dont know how to answer 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Derek Charles said:

but dont know how to answer 

8” or 9” screen ?
picture even better !

1 hour ago, hind said:

This is the problem

That was my thought - it's a 2017 phone and Huawei have been 'disconnected' from Android since then (possibly hence the response in the link about the AA app not being available), so not being able to update the o/s seems a probable cause.

But the op said:

11 hours ago, Derek Charles said:

worked alright on the previous Cross Model

which seems odd. Best guess is the new one has updated ...ware that no longer supports the old Android version on the phone.

But really, if you are trading a 3(?) yo Cross for a 2024 Cross then buying a newer phone is pocket change 🙂

• Like 1

Ah, you're right - missed the part that it worked on previous YC. Odd indeed, did some quick research and it looks like that some P-smarts do support Android Auto and some don't (or struggle). Anyway if the one author has did support it, maybe the change of USB cable can help? Because I assume the wired connection is used? 

• Like 1

I found that the solution to this problem is only use the charging lead that came with the phone

Worked for me and then I bought a dongle off Ali express to blue tooth the phone to the display to use Google /wase navigation

Garage used the set of cables that they now supply with the car, as it has USB-c ports whilst the phone has blue tooth no connection made 

Hind 

The new car has wireless connections but also tried the cable no luck

26 minutes ago, Derek Charles said:

The new car has wireless connections

Which requires Android 10 or higher. Which one do you have on your phone?

33 minutes ago, Derek Charles said:

Garage used the set of cables that they now supply with the car, as it has USB-c ports whilst the phone has blue tooth no connection made 

Sorry, I don't understand. bluetooth is used only when you connect the phone to play music or do calls. It has nothing to do with Android Auto. IIRC wireless AA uses wifi anyway. But you should stick to USB connection.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

phone has 9 version 

I have a motorola E13 (android 13) it will not connect to my 24 cross (9" single button screen) at all had to have 2 or 3 attempts to even get a reliable bluetooth connection. Was back at the dealers yesterday and one of the techs had a Samsung phone which connected straight away. What with the crappy RSA (keeps changing limits on a 60mph road with no side turnings or repeater signs) Very poor focus on the the reversing camera and the Android auto problems I wish I had kept the 23 model I had previously as all that was fine, the 24 model seems a retrograde step.

On 7/24/2024 at 11:34 AM, Derek Charles said:

phone has 9 version 

Can you update to latest version software, these phones can run 10 or even later ones! . ..?

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

these phones can run 10 or even later ones!

I don't think so and this depends on the model as there are many "P Smarts" available

image.thumb.png.e42fadac3d601562c05c267291bdd267.png

Android 9 suggests 2019 model

1 hour ago, hind said:

Android 9 suggests 2019 model

The original P Smart is a 2017 phone that came with Android 8. It likely got updated to 9 but possibly no further.

The HPS 2021 came with 10, but given the sanctions may not have got further. Recent Huaweis have come with their own os, but I don't know the exact break - probably in Wikipedia somewhere.

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Can you update to latest version software, these phones can run 10 or even later ones! . ..?

It'll be beyond getting anything from Huawei now. The only way would be a custom ROM, but that's fairly techy and even then needs one that supports that phone.

20 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

A point to note. My phone is a Motorola E13 runs Android 13 and will not connect. After a bit of searching some motorola phones (mine included) do not support Androind auto if I go to google play just get the message that android auto is not compatable with my device. It looks like there are few others that will not run this as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Knorton said:

Motorola E13 runs Android 13

Not really. It's running Android 13 Go which is the lighweight version of Android 13 for cheaper devices.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All The Huawei phone I have is p Smart =Kick uilHLYd8oE  Model Fig -LXI EMUI Version 9.1.0 Android Version 9, so which version of Android phone would I need to work on 2024 Yaris Hybrid Cross 

2 hours ago, Derek Charles said:

which version of Android phone would I need to work on 2024 Yaris Hybrid Cross 

It should work on usb cable. For wireless you need Android 10 or higher (but not Go or otherwise limited / lite version) 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links