Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris went in for 1st service today

Mojo1010

20 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Doesn't really matter - insurance companies share a lot of information behind the scenes to prevent fraud including drivers that have made claims

I hope not - If that's proven to be true there could be a very juicy lawsuit on hand, as that would breach many data protection rules, not to mention GDPR! :naughty: 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cyker said:

data protection rules

I think you'll find that allowing this sharing is in the small print of the policy. You've almost certainly waived some of your rights when you ticked the box at the end of the application, just as allowing certain cookies allows deep tracking of your web activity.

Possibly, but a lot of those rights can't be waived, which would be great as that would invalidate chunks of the Ts&Cs :laugh: . Certainly nothing in the T&Cs I've 'agreed' to would allow them to just blanket give such data to all and sundry, although the wording of some would allow within the company and related sister companies.

On 7/17/2024 at 7:54 PM, Cyker said:

Possibly, but a lot of those rights can't be waived, which would be great as that would invalidate chunks of the Ts&Cs :laugh: . Certainly nothing in the T&Cs I've 'agreed' to would allow them to just blanket give such data to all and sundry, although the wording of some would allow within the company and related sister companies.

all they have to do is in the terms and conditions is they also generally say they will share data with their other company/companies of their choosing and if none of those are located in Europe then no GDPR.

For example my sons school has decided to sign up for some other school junk to monitor work etc. You read the small print privacy agreement and their servers are located in UK however later down it says they share this data with their sister company who is located in France ok so far. You then check that sister company and they share the data with their sister company located in US so no longer is that data subject to GDPR then from there they share the data with select partners which include Facebook, Google, Amazon, Meta etc etc etc it listed 43 companies but you could then follow those 43 companies and see who they share the data with and before you know it your data is with millions of companies. Data is worth a lot of money..

• Like 1

Checking the Toyota app it says next service due is in a year's time or 20k miles, so if I have done 7k at this first service, does it mean 13k miles can be done before next service/2nd year date? Or it has to be 10k from last service?

Screenshot_2024-07-21-16-24-11-092_com.toyota.oneapp_eu.thumb.jpg.8be20c5880a4cea319ee5248397e1bcc.jpg

The pollen filter price of the gen4 is a lot, about £35! The MK3 carbon one I got was under £10. Don't need it until I self service though, thinking of getting one from Ali express for £3 to test. It's very similar dimensions with only the width, may just get away with it. 

Gen4 pollen measurement: 30/216/186

Generic 29/215/190mm

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Checking the Toyota app it says next service due is in a year's time or 20k miles, so if I have done 7k at this first service, does it mean 13k miles can be done before next service/2nd year date? Or it has to be 10k from last service?

Screenshot_2024-07-21-16-24-11-092_com.toyota.oneapp_eu.thumb.jpg.8be20c5880a4cea319ee5248397e1bcc.jpg

The pollen filter price of the gen4 is a lot, about £35! The MK3 carbon one I got was under £10. Don't need it until I self service though I will buy one from Ali express for £3 to test. It's very similar dimensions with only the width, may just get away with it. 

Generic 29/215/190mm

I was told its either a year after the last service or 10k since the last service which ever comes first

22 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

The pollen filter price of the gen4 is a lot, about £35! The MK3 carbon one I got was under £10. Don't need it until I self service though, thinking of getting one from Ali express for £3 to test. It's very similar dimensions with only the width, may just get away with it. 

Generic 29/215/190mm

No need for cabin filter to be carbon or anything with fancy names. 
Just use regular filters but high quality ones like blueprint, hengst, mahle, mann, Bosch etc  Cheap filters aren’t as good and won’t stop dust and particles enter the cabin. Change with every service or at least once a year.  You live in London and these cabin filters are must have as they saves your lungs big time.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links