Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris - Braking power low message

Reilly

54 minutes ago, Paul john said:

just do your research on what will “reset”  when you disconnect the 12v.

Can’t you attach another 12V supply across the terminals to keep circuits live during Battery replacement?

Yep, should work. But it's often not worth the hassle. 

23 hours ago, dash said:

Can’t you attach another 12V supply across the terminals to keep circuits live during battery replacement?

You dont loose loads of stuff just radio & clock to set up the rest reloads automatically then if Battery reconnection is quick then you only lose clock settings.

Warning if you keep systems live then you may end up with airbag faults ie corrupted files that do not reset but need reprogramming.

On 7/19/2024 at 10:06 PM, dash said:

Can’t you attach another 12V supply across the terminals to keep circuits live during battery replacement?

I think there is a significant risk of the live +ve connection getting in contact with metalwork while you are trying to get the old Battery out and the new one in. It can probably be mitigated depending on the environment but as things are generally pretty tightly packed into modern cars it's one I wouldn't take.

On 7/19/2024 at 9:50 AM, Mojo1010 said:

That’s cheap for a Battery.is it easy to fit.  BTW I read somewhere else that Toyota have said that replacing the Battery with a different specification will invalidate the warranty (even though the Battery isn’t covered by the warranty).

If this is true, the risk doesn’t seem worth it.

3 minutes ago, Reilly said:

That’s cheap for a battery.is it easy to fit.  BTW I read somewhere else that Toyota have said that replacing the battery with a different specification will invalidate the warranty (even though the battery isn’t covered by the warranty).

If this is true, the risk doesn’t seem worth it.

No, no problem about the warranty unless the faulty part has direct relation to the non original Battery and the fault has developed as a result of poor installation or non compatible Battery

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links