Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2025 RAV

Uragan

Im reading that the rav will be redesigned and coming out  2025 sometime  … and lots of rumours / speculation about what it might look like inside and out … 

what improvements do you know of or would like to see for the future  😊

• Like 1

For the PHEV, I'd get excited when...

120 to 150hp rear motor.

75+ miles range Battery.

We get all the gadgets on what's already on the US version. Digital rear view mirror and 1.5kW rear plug socket especially .

Better HMI design.

Wider FOV and more information on the HUD.

Anything else and I'm not really bothered. 

• Like 1

What does the future hold for the RAV4 PHEV ?

Will the push for EV,s eclipse Toyota PHEV's superior drive train & that amazing CVT ?
All PHEV's are not the same as we as owners well know.

The RAV4 PHEV is the perfect family car IMO.

Thinking of the daily 30 mile commute I did for some 30 years it was the perfect fit.

Home & work place charge points facilitating a total EV experience during the week.   

Weekends/holidays load up the family & go further afield without having to think about network charging.

I remain convinced that if Toyota had produced a budget model within the range at a price point just below luxury class it would have been a popular choice as a robust,reliable family car. 

Barry Wright, Lancashire.    

• Like 3

Toyota have for some time stated that they will develop and sell a balance of different car technologies. However, the UK government (that was) have got penalties for non EV cars which get increasingly more significant as time goes on.

Like you Barry the PHEV suits me perfectly with the majority of my mileage being local and within the range of the current design. But my longer trips being supplemented by the ICE. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The car is already in the pre-production stage and is being tested, according to some Redditors who either work for or are closely affiliated with Toyota. The release has been set for sometime in late 2025. Pictures of the car are already in circulation within the company, so it's just a matter of time before we see them.

I personally don't expect any breakthrough changes. We will get a 5th generation of the Hybrid drivetrain, perhaps some additional EV mileage and that's about it. The drivetrain is already perfect for me, but I have no doubts they can improve it even more. What I hope for is a modern interior and better noise insulation. Time will tell...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kucyk said:

The car is already in the pre-production stage and is being tested, according to some Redditors who either work for or are closely affiliated with Toyota. The release has been set for sometime in late 2025. Pictures of the car are already in circulation within the company, so it's just a matter of time before we see them.

I personally don't expect any breakthrough changes. We will get a 5th generation of the Hybrid drivetrain, perhaps some additional EV mileage and that's about it. The drivetrain is already perfect for me, but I have no doubts they can improve it even more. What I hope for is a modern interior and better noise insulation. Time will tell...

I honestly think 2022 was a sweet-spot year and 2024 not so much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw on the net that the new Toyota cars ( non ev) will be based on two ice engines 1.5 litres and 2 litres with turbo or non turbo depending on car models. Battery for phev car may go up to 100 miles. It's still a speculation but the new ice engines have higher efficiency so the engine volume will be smaller.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Torrox said:

I saw on the net that the new Toyota cars ( non ev) will be based on two ice engines 1.5 litres and 2 litres with turbo or non turbo depending on car models. Battery for phev car may go up to 100 miles. It's still a speculation but the new ice engines have higher efficiency so the engine volume will be smaller.

Are they still Atkinson cycle? High thermal efficiency.

• Like 1

I’d be surprised if they are not as good if not better than is currently in production. Toyota seems to be experimenting with all kinds of different ICE configurations. Be interesting to know what is being prepared for the ‘25 release.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Torrox said:

By cars do they include SUV’s and 4x4’s? However, I cannot see Toyota dropping the Atkinson cycle given its efficiency. 

• Like 2

I saw the information from this YouTube whether it's true or no but he has a spreadsheet itemise which engine for what car, from small to larger cars.  IIRC the rav4 prime will get 2 litres turbo and a bigger Battery for 100 miles ev.

• Like 1

From the Toyota Times (via the Toyota Corporate website): Toyota’s 1.5L/2.0L in-line 4-cylinder engines.

It includes the line: "What’s more, the 1.5L turbo version can cover the territory of Toyota’s 2.5L naturally aspirated engine, used in vehicles that tow heavy loads." which suggests that we could see a 1.5L [plug-in] hybrid version of the RAV4 (but, honestly, that's little short of wild speculation!)

Personally I would rather have a non turbo lightly stressed 2.5L lump than a turbo 1.5. My guess is the former will beat the latter for ability to cover high mileages. Toyota need to be careful they do not damage their reputation. 

• Like 7

I don’t think the 2.5 is really needed in the rav .. I think 2ltr  would be plenty 

I think the existing 2.5L engine is smashing 👍

• Like 2

The Toyota 2.5 litre engine use an Atkinson cycle, in very simple terms the inlet valve timing opens quite late in the cycle, allowing approximately 1600cc charge, the exhaust valve timing is as per Otto cycle allowing a 2500cc exhaust discharge this allows a very clean burn, in basic terms a 1600cc engine.

If Toyota were to go down the turbo charged 1.5 litre it's quite likely they would have to use a Otto cycle 1500cc inlet 1500cc exhaust, no clean burn.

if Toyota were to go down a 2 litre naturally aspirated engine it's quite likely they would use a variable camshaft timing akin to the Mitsubishi 2.4 litre engine using both an Atkinson and Otto cycle on the inlet valve timing, not quite so cleaner burn.

Or alternatively none of the above, I for one are more than happy with the 2.5 litre natural aspirated Atkinson cycle engine.

• Like 2

The GR Sport R4P I get as a refresh end August early September may be my last RAV. Likely I'll go BEV if the ranges are exceeding 370 miles in SUV AWD form factor. Preferably 400 miles. It's quite possible.

But, if there's a new R4P 3 years from now with more power (350+ hp), more rear wheel power (at least 100hp from the rear), a 100 mile electric range, and the same solid reliability and similar economy then I might just stick with the R4P as my company car. 

Jury's out. Watching with interest.

13 hours ago, Nick72 said:

The GR Sport R4P I get as a refresh end August early September may be my last RAV. Likely I'll go BEV if the ranges are exceeding 370 miles in SUV AWD form factor. Preferably 400 miles. It's quite possible.

But, if there's a new R4P 3 years from now with more power (350+ hp), more rear wheel power (at least 100hp from the rear), a 100 mile electric range, and the same solid reliability and similar economy then I might just stick with the R4P as my company car. 

Jury's out. Watching with interest.

On the face of it there will be a lot happening in the next 3 to 5 years, especially with Toyota as they continue to research and develop car power units/technologies based on multiple energy sources, BEV, ICE, Hydrogen. We may well be into serial production of the well advertised 'solid state' batteries by then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

On the face of it there will be a lot happening in the next 3 to 5 years, especially with Toyota as they continue to research and develop car power units/technologies based on multiple energy sources, BEV, ICE, Hydrogen. We may well be into serial production of the well advertised 'solid state' batteries by then.

Quite probably Ernie. I'd definitely want to get whatever it is after it's been in use for about a year and the majority of bugs and issues have been derisked and fixed. So perhaps it's a case of what comes out in late 2026 for comparison purposes. I'd like to stick with Toyota if I can. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nick72 said:

Quite probably Ernie. I'd definitely want to get whatever it is after it's been in use for about a year and the majority of bugs and issues have been derisked and fixed. So perhaps it's a case of what comes out in late 2026 for comparison purposes. I'd like to stick with Toyota if I can. 

One thing about the 370/400 mile range you mentioned. The quoted and real world performance (especially in cold) will be upto 25% less. Worth being wary of this.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

One thing about the 370/400 mile range you mentioned. The quoted and real world performance (especially in cold) will be upto 25% less. Worth being wary of this.

Yeh I need real world winter motorway ranges of this magnitude. So looking at claimed ranges of closer to 500 miles. 

It would have been a lower number of it weren't for increasing number of businesses trips that are very long distance.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, ernieb said:

I'm still praying hard for Mr Fusion! :fear: :laugh: 

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

I'm still praying hard for Mr Fusion! :fear: :laugh: 

We've all had it at that point. Driving bombs. 

6 minutes ago, Nick72 said:

Oh I dunno, I quite like the idea of driving around with a notice on the back warning of a nuclear reactor aboard and a radiation notice.☢️⚠️

Might encourage the tailgaters to stay back a bit.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nick72 said:

It's okay because we'll also have Forcefields! :yahoo: 

What? No I haven't taken my pills yet today, why do you ask? :confused1:

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links