Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2025 RAV

Uragan

Suggests more of a light touch reskin keeping structural hard points and possibly existing windscreen and roof as they are? The platform is pretty fresh and still competitive so the car doesn’t need a clean sheet of paper redesign this time. New dashboard would be very welcome and getting rid of scratchy interior plastics is a must. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ToyotaFanDriver said:

Interesting read:https://www.carscoops.com/2024/07/next-gen-toyota-rav4-wont-mess-with-a-winning-recipe/

To be fair most of Toyota's line up is looking great and fairly modern (especially against how it was in the past)

... and that's an American publication, so while the US buys most RAV4s and drives the market it isn't completely relevant to the UK imports.

I've yet to see any evidence of a next generation RAV4 - that is to say a redesigned 4.6 - in 2025. Yes, it is 'due' but that doesn't mean that it will happen before 2027. We could see:

• A facelift - but there's little evidence of that as yet.
  • A change in power trains. I'd not be surprised if Toyota went hybrid (and PHEV) only, but we in the UK are there already.
  • A change in grades and equipment levels.

We've seen some new engines in the pipeline (that make sense) but it doesn't look as though they'll be in production before 2026.

So, I won't be holding my breath for anything very radical ... nor will I be that surprised to see the 4.6 announcement tomorrow! 😉

• Like 1

Feels like a very minor facelift is on the cards. Some Lexus-like interior upgrade options would be nice, larger infotainment screen possible, and for competitive reasons a slightly higher capacity Battery for the same volume and weight. 60 to 70 miles most likely. Really like to see a little more power on the R4P via rear motor to keep it close to the Volvos performance without any significant sacrifices in economy. Though I can't see Toyota putting more than 75hp motor in there.

Suspect the big changes to what will be a 5th gen will come after derisking their new ICE powerplants and that feels like 2 or 3 years away. And at which the EV SUV competition is going to be a little tougher. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links