Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MPG for Estima hybrid plus no hybrid rates

Janee44

thinking of buying an Estima should I get the hybrid version or not just wondering about Fuel economy and can’t find any information maybe because they are imports. Any info from owners on here I would be truly grateful many thanks 

Estima Hybrid: You will probably get lots of differing answers including some claiming over 40mpg.
Realistically on normal out of town + in-town runs and some gentle motorway runs, should get about 34-36mpg
Can get more if drive gently.
I tend to drive slightly more 'spirited' at times, and still get >30-32mpg, which is not bad for the size and weight of the vehicle.
Have had 38+mpg on a long gentle 70mph motorway cruise.

2.4 petrol gets slightly less mpg but still around 30mpg I believe
but has the 'benefit' of less cost/complexity than the Hybrid, which is often more of a factor than economy for some people.
LPG is another option if doing lots of mileage  (but takes up rear boot space)

Also, although you dont mention it, the choice of 7 or 8 seater is also a factor a prospective purchaser needs to consider (unless they are not too bothered)
I like the 8 seat personally (as can do 5 seat with massive rear or 6/7 seat with one half of rear down and extra space, or full 8 seat still with pretty large luggage space)
Plus (in my old 8 seater), I had lots of good trips out with wife, 4 children and their 2 cousins

• 2 months later...

Nudging this back up, now its turning colder on start up obviously with automatic choke on via the ECU I get about 16mpg until its warmed up, getting 36.7mpg driving around 55mph down major roads. 

Driving around town once warmed up its about 22mpg.

2.4 petrol 2010 model.

TBH my V6 is not that much different..though I'd never make 36+ at any time.

Best I've ever managed (in 8/9 years) is about 32 on a good mixed run in Summer.

I only do about 4k miles p.a. so mpg is of no great importance to me but I keep a basic check (now and again) just to be sure the beast is doing ok.🙂

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links