Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Customized charging limit to 80% not being saved!

Ash1013

Hi, I’m trying to save Customized charging limit to 80% but when I plug it in and leave it, it will charge upto 100%! When I check back again, the settings are not saved!

any idea?

thank you 

I think the 80% limit only applies to DC charging. Not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.  Mine works fine. I charge at home, sometimes to 100% or if not using car for a while, to a lower percentage. I set the limit on the car, which I think is what you are referring to. No issues at all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2024 at 1:37 PM, Ash1013 said:

Hi, I’m trying to save Customized charging limit to 80% but when I plug it in and leave it, it will charge upto 100%! When I check back again, the settings are not saved!

any idea?

thank you 

Im having the same issue with my 2024 bz4x LE, im considering returning to the dealer to fix it.

If you are charging at home, it is pointless limiting the charge to 80%. Toyota's recommendation is that you charge to 100%.

It's different for rapid DC charging.

Recommendations are described here

7 hours ago, Mister Mike said:

If you are charging at home, it is pointless limiting the charge to 80%. Toyota's recommendation is that you charge to 100%.

It's different for rapid DC charging.

Recommendations are described here

Most likely that Toyota do not actually charge the Battery to 100%. (Even though it may indicate 100%) I believe that they still have an inset which is used to protect the Battery, some of this reserve was released to extend the range after the initial problems with ‘range’)

I can see the point if you are not intending on using the car Battery to it’s full extent in one hit but say local driving over a few days then restricting the charge to 80% would be good practice.

• 1 month later...

Hi, mine is set to 90% & works fine. I don't do this to save the Battery as the very conservative Toyota guys have already built that safeguard in at 100%. I do it so I always get free regenerative braking input, if you start at 100% & go downhill the car will say ' charging stopped'. If I plan to do a longer journey I'll put it back to 100% the night before.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links