Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wing Mirror Nightmare ! Prius Plus + 2012 model

jake1manband

Help Help can anyone help me ! I am on my 5th wing mirror replacement as the replacement wing mirrors do not fit. The problem is the moulding on the wing mirror has a flush housing and the replacements the bolt housings are raised . My car is a  prius plus 2012 and I believe unless my DVLA document is wrong is a uk model not an import. I feel like an idiot as everytime I get the same part and assumed it was because I keep getting prius parts not prius plus parts ? but I have just been really clear with one dealer and said it is a uk model 2012 prius plus ( not prius) and I still got the same replacement 

Has anyone else had the same problem ? 

Yours Jake 

Get a dealer to fit the replacement. It will be cheaper than buying several, very expensive, mirrors.

That way, the problem is theirs, not yours.

• Like 2

Thanks ancient nerd ! I did this initially with the local garage I use ( not the dealership ) and they were sent the wrong part twice, so there is an information issue about listed parts . I guess I need to go the toyota dealership which although thorough have always taken a long time to book in and costs and minimum 100 % more for even simple things. But you make a point ! 

Hi Jake, have you not given the dealer your VIN number so they can not only confirm the model but give you the correct part number for the mirror. With this many wrong mirrors you really are better letting a garage fit one.:smile:

PM me your VIN - unless you want a second mortgage, a dealer is not going to be cheap, drivers or passenger side

the aftermarket is full of incorrectly cross referenced parts

I'm pleased to say the part that arrived today was the right one ! So it was actually fifth time lucky ! Thanks ancient nerd again and any one else who read this post ! Jake 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links