Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speeding beeps

Helen W

Hi, I have a 2024 Aygo and the one thing REALLY annoying me is the fact that it beeps 3 times when I drive at the speed limit, I use waze for navigation and that's always a good 3/4 mph lower (!) Is there any way to turn this off? (Or even set it to beep if it's more than 5mph over the limit as opposed to on the limit?)

Thanks in advance for any help or advice 😊

No, it is part of the Intelligent Speed Assistance, which became a legal requirement on new cars within the EU this month, and this gets fitted to UK cars as well.

I had a courtesy Aygo X 2024 for a day earlier this week while my car were being serviced. The beeps just at 1-2mph over the speed drove me bonkers. 

Not looking to get a 2024+ car anytime soon. Happy with my 2023. 

• Like 1

You can turn off RSA (road sign assist) each time you start the car, and that will silence the beeps.  It's pretty easy.  Thats what I do.  You can't turn it off permanently unfortunately.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hicardo said:

You can turn off RSA (road sign assist) each time you start the car, and that will silence the beeps.  It's pretty easy.  Thats what I do.  You can't turn it off permanently unfortunately.  

Agreed . I do the same

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links