Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vented Bonnet

jazzyjc123

hi im looking at gettin a vented bonnet the only worry is if the vents are functional where will the water go when it rains ?

anyone got one so i can see what it will look like i want a cf one but the only one i have seen is in the states

might sound silly but why have vents in your bonnet.. all you have is a spare wheels and a Battery!.. surely it doesnt aid the front rad?

They do look good tho!

i think he is getting it purely for the look! lol! and all the water matey, probs collect in the boot/bonnet or wateva :wacko: unless you find some way to re-direct it, but dont take my word, i know %$( all about MR2, i only clicked on last week that the engine of an mr2 is in the back :ph34r:

ive got the vented carbon fibre bonnet and it just goes into the drip tray m8. its fine.looks really good too ;)

You will look like a clueless, raving homosexual with a bonnet vent in a car that has its engined positioned towards the REAR.

Good for keeping your luggage cool and making you look daft, but that's about it.

People in the know will wonder why you would have a vent there for starters.

You should be able to do what you want with your own car.

I like the GT4 bonnet for the way it looks on the Celica, looks dead hard! On the 2 it will had nil function and probably not lookd hard!

Get some bomex scoops instead!

or actually do what the Elise etc have .. mod the front so you can have air through the rad and then out the bonnet ..

It's what SPL did on their last set of MR2s ..

Would aid grip too ..

agree with bibbs. some of the vented hoods actually have function. for example, the hood from border. border sells a radiator relocation kit so that it would flow through the front air dam and out the vents. it aids with cooling.

Madpsi.net%20-%20SW20%20-%20Vented%20Hood%20Diagram.jpg

You will look like a clueless, raving homosexual with a bonnet vent in a car that has its engined positioned towards the REAR.

I'm sure that all Ford GT40 (to name just one) owners will be glad to hear this :o

jimlad if you read further it says something about 70% off for multiple items but $399 is a bit of a bargain and it looks good too

you've also got to think about quality etc. There are alot of companys out there they supply poor quality CF parts.

What happens if it is poor quality etc ? Sending it back to the US is gonna be a big pain. There are many UK sites which sell the same bonnet and are known for their excellent quality.

I'd rather pay the extra and be happy knowing that it's gonna be good.

lol... yeah.

ok.. ok... I go against what I said above... but... I can always complain to eBay... or visit the person and beat him up if it's poor quality as I have his address.

Sending a bonnet back to the US may be a bit trickier.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links