Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vented Bonnet

jazzyjc123

Sssssh !!!! :!Removed!:

Basically that's what my car's gonna look like this time next year... including the colour more or less !!

agree with bibbs. some of the vented hoods actually have function. for example, the hood from border. border sells a radiator relocation kit so that it would flow through the front air dam and out the vents. it aids with cooling.

Madpsi.net%20-%20SW20%20-%20Vented%20Hood%20Diagram.jpg

Dead right.

You will look like a clueless, raving homosexual with a bonnet vent in a car that has its engined positioned towards the REAR.

... Funkadelic... surely you're joking!

hehe. if you get the relocating kit, it also helps with the aerodynamics of your car. i dunno if u guys pay that much attention to it. but anyways, at high speeds, air pressure tends to build up in the front air dam. with the help of the vents, it allows the air to pas through thus creating less drag on the car. now what doesnt make sense on an mr2 or any mid engine car are hood scoops!

now what doesnt make sense on an mr2 or any mid engine car are hood scoops!

Do you mean the roof scoops?

Hmm, I've had both TOM's and not Border and they do funnel more air into the engine bay .. not sure how much, but at least they do something ..

QUOTE (Mister2 @ Sep 2 2004, 07:19 AM)

now what doesnt make sense on an mr2 or any mid engine car are hood scoops! 

Do you mean the roof scoops?

Think he means having scoops on the front bonnet (hood in the US).

You will look like a clueless, raving homosexual

LOL hmmmm I dont think you want to go for the 'batty ninja' look mate :D

ohh.. sorry. i usually call the one that go to the actual engine air scoops. i literally meant a hood scoop like a wrx or the like! hehe. hmm.. speaking of scoops, has anyone ever done anything to the rear end like the nsx's have? u know, like a glass "rear hatch" along with a roof air dam? know what i mean?

who.. what the heck. sorta like that, but i mean more nsx-ish. so instead it is glass. thats pretty crazy, any side view pics or anything?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links