Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 5 test drives available soon

Paul john

It comes down to personal taste I guess. I very much liked the cockpit and had no problem with the steering wheel obstructing the speedometer...and I'm not tall...5ft 8in.

I would have preferred an anolgue speedometer but my wife prefers digital. You can't please everybody and I'm sure I'll get used to it.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 12:11 PM, Harters said:

It may be being sold for under £40k, but the retail price of that car with the silver metallic paint is £40,610.00, so is liable for the luxury car tax.

Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 12.08.55.png

EDIT, I didn't realise others had posted to back up my post.... for some reason the second page was not showing on my device 😆

Critically, it is not necessarily tax from year two at the higher rate. The new owner of this second hand car will have to pay the enhanced rate immediately upon purchase as it is based from the second registration. I know as it happened to me when I purchased my pre-reg Lexus.

Caveat emptor.

LMM

Edited by Lawnmowerman
So it made more sense

I took a test drive in the LexusNX 300 e  on Monday. Dealer plus Toyota contribution  4.5 K. Its very quick, quiet and nice to drive. Too small for my needs. I can get my bike in the Gen 4 doubt I could in nx300e. Beautiful build, again stupid tyres.

On the way home I called at my normal Toyota dealer and found he had the Gen 5 for a couple of weeks.  Did not even get in. Be nice when they put the top colour on but totally impractical for me. Battle ship grey would make invisible in uk weather. 

Took Bz4x for test again its a big barge but very, very quick and surprisingly quiet and comfortable. Room for improvement,  yes, change wheels and or tyres, clean up controls but it's livable with and a lot more car for the money than PHEV.

The govt zero emissions target mean manufacturers get fined if they don't sell 22% zero emissions. Honda are giving 6K off eny1 Lexus 4.5 off all electric but Toyota dealers are still not selling the Bz4x if they can help it. No tax this year on electric. BZ4X is less expensive than many plug ins including a Prius with a colour top coat. 

Ps the Honda eny1 is best spec of the 3 and nearest Prius in practical size, but not good to drive. Noisy, poor ventilation  an awful regen would make passengers sick.  

Electric cars aren’t sell well anymore as many have trie and returned to ice and hybrids. Going full electric is downgrade from Toyota hybrid. 
Dealers and other traders aren’t honest about them. They push hard to sell these. If you buy electric with your own money, you are losing half of them the minute you drive off and also you take a car with ultra expensive and heavy component that outside warranty cost as muc( as the whole car. 
Evs has failed 100 years ago and now history repeats. 🪫⚠️

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Electric cars aren’t sell well anymore as many have trie and returned to ice and hybrids. Going full electric is downgrade from Toyota hybrid. 
Dealers and other traders aren’t honest about them. They push hard to sell these. If you buy electric with your own money, you are losing half of them the minute you drive off and also you take a car with ultra expensive and heavy component that outside warranty cost as muc( as the whole car. 
Evs has failed 100 years ago and now history repeats. 🪫⚠️

Thats Toyotas party line to its sales force ti keep selling hybrids until hydrogen or solid batteries take over. Tesla sell only sell evs and now sell more cars than Ford.

I only do short local miles now and with solar panels to charge EV or PHEV is my obvious choice. My Gen4 still has a good resale value and with the sales contributions, free chargers and no Luxury Car Tax now is the time. I have loved my Gen4 but at 80 it's time for the big BZ4X mobility scooter. If I am stll driving at the end of the 0% PCP I will me very happy.

On 8/11/2024 at 2:33 PM, Lawnmowerman said:

Critically, it is not necessarily tax from year two at the higher rate. The new owner of this second hand car will have to pay the enhanced rate immediately upon purchase as it is based from the second registration. I know as it happened to me when I purchased my pre-reg Lexus.

Caveat emptor.

LMM

It's daft because contributions to move cars with pcp means nobody pays list. 4.5 k off Lexus 6k off Honda and 4k off Toyota.  If they do not hit Govt quota the manufacturer faces heavy fines. Get real cut the price. My dealer thinks pre reg will get list price He is deluded. I did not even dive the new Prius.  Even in its undercoat it did not appeal. Too low, too late, not at all practical less useful features than the Gen4.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something?

On Toyota's website the only choices available are colour (apart from Design or Excel). Is this correct?

Lousy website by the way.

LMM

2 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Am I missing something?

On Toyota's website the only choices available are colour (apart from Design or Excel). Is this correct?

Lousy website by the way.

LMM

Quite correct

2 minutes ago, Paul john said:

Quite correct

Far cry from other manufacturers where you had to spend at least another 50% over the entry price to get a half decent spec. worth having.

Don't know if I'm happy or sad about it 😂😂

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Far cry from other manufacturers where you had to spend at least another 50% over the entry price to get a half decent spec. worth having.

Don't know if I'm happy or sad about it 😂😂

A different choice of wheels on the design might have been handy since it comes with “ugly slabs” as standard

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links