Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A couple of starter questions from a ' new boy '

badlywornroy

I have just introduced myself in the appropriate place, can I jump straight in a ask a couple of simple ? questions.

I read that I should be able to ' Drop / Raise ' all the windows with a long press on the ' unlock ' button on the key fob. Mine doesn't work, suggestions please.

Does the Toyota App allow me to ' see ' the car when my wife is off driving it ? (please don't tell her I asked 😀 )  I imagine it is not sufficiently ' real time ' to give useful info ?

Thanks for any advice.

Roy

The opening / closing of the windows via the key fob first needs activating in the cars set up via the OBD port.

Ask your Toyota dealer or something like Carista can also do it.

The vehicle location function via My Toyota will basically only work when the vehicle is switched off. 

• Like 1

Global opening and closing of all windows by key fob can be accessed with a free app called car scanner and the use of a obd plug in dongle. 

17213764703177274402059335179612.jpg

17213765123264042146080491079155.jpg

1721376620481960696279143208003.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you  guys, I  will contact the dealer to get the widows sorted.

A question within a question, is there anything here similar to Facebook ' Like ' to acknowledge replies or do I do what I have done here ?

You can click heart icon at bottom right of posts.

• Like 1

Oh, I see now. 🤔

These and more options might not be available on all trims. 
In uk for example top spec excel has all and most are active from factory, in other lower specs trims these aren’t positive to activate just with obd adapter. 
What is your Corolla trim?

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

In uk for example top spec excel has all and most are active from factory, in other lower specs trims these aren’t positive to activate just with obd adapter. 

My excel wasn't active and wife's ch-r dynamic wasn't active either.... They both are now😁😁😁

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 1:47 PM, TonyHSD said:

Sorry Tony for late reply, just seen this . . Oops ! 

My Corolla trim is ' design '

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 9:10 AM, taxidriver50005 said:

Global opening and closing of all windows by key fob can be accessed with a free app called car scanner and the use of a obd plug in dongle. 

Does the free trial system work with Carly ODB unit and does the free trial version allow this coding or do you need a “subscription”?

4 hours ago, Paul john said:

Does the free trial system work with Carly odb unit and does the free trial version allow this coding or do you need a “subscription”?

Honestly don't know much about carly... I use a cheap eBay obd reader I paid £5 for 10 years ago which works fine.... I did pay £4 for pro version which was a one off payment and this let's me code... That was so long ago I'd forgotten I upgraded it. 

On 7/23/2024 at 4:07 PM, Paul john said:

Does the free trial system work with Carly odb unit and does the free trial version allow this coding or do you need a “subscription”?

Link for app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ovz.carscanner

17 hours ago, taxidriver50005 said:

Thank you @taxidriver50005 installed the app (£4.49 for a no ads year subscription)

Unlike the Carisa app it recognises the Carly ODB dongle and does offer some limited coding features ( there are none in Carly ) including “open windows with key fob” plus recognised an additional 18 sensors/ecu (131 in total)

waywayway too much info to get my head around straight away. I guess im going to be spending quite some time “customising the dashboard”

• Like 1

Carista app gives very good access to most of the car ecu, personal settings change etc and manufacturers specific codes readings. Not all apps allow that, plus some are very difficult to connect and use, too much unnecessary clutter. £47 yearly submit and a month free when purchase an adapter is worth any penny imo. Especially when you get hybrid system malfunction on the motorway or speed sensor fault and all warning lights come up on the dashboard. 👍

On 7/19/2024 at 11:10 AM, taxidriver50005 said:

which car model do you select in setup? i get an error when accessing coding and services menu. all other readings from car works fine.

edit: nevermind, did what i needed with carista app.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links