Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Directional airflow clicking when changing directions

Andy Rathb

Hello, I wondered if anyone can help please? I have a mark 1 Auris 2009, 1.6 pertrol. When I click the directional airflow button on the centre console there is a loud clicking sound beneath the steering column. The air direction isn’t blowing out of the long screen vent benath the windscreen to demist the screen either. I have a full air con service and regas which now has given me cooler air on the non-aircon setting. Previously this air was warm. Grateful for any advice, I live in the Midlands. Rath. 

Hi Andy,The problem could be the blend door actuator, which controls airflow direction. The clicking noise you hear is a sign that the part is faulty. Check the actuator beneath the steering column and see if it's damaged. You might need to remove some of the panels. Replace the actuator If it's broken,  If it isn't broken the problem might be with the control panel itself. Check for any broken or loose connections.👍

• Like 1

Likely somebody has dropped something down one of the vents which is now obstructing the actuator, hence the clicking noise.

• Like 1

Thank you Solero and Bper, the acuator is intact, no loose wires. This is the part, plus there are 2 white cogged wheels above. The noise is coming from the cogs turning. Thanks

IMG_4922.png

IMG_4923.png

So that actuator motor turns the cogs which open or close a flap. If something is obstructing the flap, the cogs will slip, causing the clicking noise, as the position sensor switch doesnt detect fully closed/open position.

I would take out blower and insert a usb endoscope camera to see if.flap is visible from there (guessing..

Do you see any cogs turn? 

Hoping you haven't broken any gear teeth.

Otherwise it could be a broken wormdrive spindle.

Screenshot_20240723-073436.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links