Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My new Yaris Cross Premiere edition

ColinB

I've just changed my RAV4 for a new YC, looking forward to an improved mpg, although I've no complaints about the 47.1mpg that it achieved, but definitely easier parking, especially with its 360 camera. 

I've only driven it 7 miles so far, but am pleased with how quiet it is compared with the RAV4 even at speed, although it does seem to have an annoying dashboard rattle..... 

20240722_112410.thumb.jpg.cf002c32594bccecf3fa09154f4ada7d.jpg

• Like 8

Well done and great car 🚙 

Enjoy many trouble free miles. 
A more thorough comparison between this and rav4 will be highly appreciated as I believe others may make a switch too. Rav4 is a great car and most popular across the pond but in Europe this is best selling suv so I am interested too. 👌

• Like 1

Lovely colour. Just remember to put in R not D when you move off 😁

• Haha 2

Wow that's a great colour! I was a bit envious it wasn't available on the lower models

• Like 2

That's funny as when I got my Yaris I was envious the colour I actually wanted was only on the lower trims! :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I’m not jealous, I’m not jealous, I’m not jealous…

• Haha 4

When my cross was at the dealers for its 1st service they had a premier in that colour, in the showroom it looked a bit flat, but they had two on the forecourt and they looked really nice, of course the mrs didn’t like that colour instead preferring the bronze colour, but she likes bling, she wants a diamond ring but all I can manage is a pearl necklace….

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Primus1 said:

I’m not jealous, I’m not jealous, I’m not jealous…

I just had to sign my life away for the next 42 months + balloon payment..... 

It's a good job I have a decent pension. 

• Like 3

Got a quote for one whilst mine was being serviced, 10k to change, yikes, mines only a year old…

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Yeah, same for me to get a Premier edition - It's a hard sell: 15HP, even less colour choice and mandatory undisableable speed warnings are just not worth £10k to me :laugh: 

• Like 3

I would probably stick with excel trim if I were to change, I think they’re similar spec..

11 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

I would probably stick with excel trim if I were to change, I think they’re similar spec..

My head said Design, my heart said Excel and the little devil on my shoulder said Premiere. Coming from a RAV4 Excel I wanted the toys and it wasn't that much more for the Premiere with its extra power.... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy. Collecting mine this Thursday

• Like 2

Premier or launch edition has always been my favourite.
The exterior colour, the extra toys you get and limited number of cars makes  it feel a little bit different from the rest.
GR Sport comes next , these still have the best seats materials, alloys and the slightly lower suspension set up kind of makes it look more civilian where all other specs looks very rugged like a real off roaders plus the rear towing hook exposed, although we all know that off road and Yaris cross hybrid aren’t comparable still the extra high clearance makes it good for the poor uk roads. 
And excel- you never get wrong with it. 
Design - most popular for a good reason, although there are some really basic but very important things that aren’t available like auto dim rear view mirror and pockets in the back of the seats. 

• Like 2

Has anyone noticed how the rear view mirror makes everything look bigger….wait…..I’ll be right back…

• Haha 3

That's what... she... said... ...? :confused1:

• Haha 2

On 7/22/2024 at 1:59 PM, ColinB said:

I've just changed my RAV4 for a new YC, looking forward to an improved mpg, although I've no complaints about the 47.1mpg that it achieved, but definitely easier parking, especially with its 360 camera. 

I've only driven it 7 miles so far, but am pleased with how quiet it is compared with the RAV4 even at speed, although it does seem to have an annoying dashboard rattle..... 

My Yaris had a dashboard and steering wheel rattle, took it back and my garage where I purchased the car from fixed it for me. It did drive me nuts before the fix! 

• Like 3

Also have a 2 week old premiere ...200 miles...rattle and creaks behind the dash driving me 🥜🥜🥜...together with the very annoying speed bongs...taking the shine off an otherwise very good car

8 hours ago, mr_blibby said:

Also have a 2 week old premiere ...200 miles...rattle and creaks behind the dash driving me 🥜🥜🥜...together with the very annoying speed bongs...taking the shine off an otherwise very good car

Has the dash been sprayed with silicone coating or anything else?  I’ve not had any creaking from any Toyota/Lexus products for some years and I’m pedantic about such things.  The beeps in my Lexus are so quiet, they don’t bother me and it’s literally two presses to get to the kill switch if I want to disable it so it doesn’t bother me.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barely used it other than to drive it back from the dealers, never mind spray anything on it....and haven't yet put anything in it to rattle  .... can anyone remind me of the setting to change the speed waning chimes to its minimum ? Thanks

27 minutes ago, mr_blibby said:

can anyone remind me of the setting to change the speed waning chimes to its minimum ?

Yes....it's the right-hand pedal...often referred to as an accelerator. 🙂

• Haha 7

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever find what this rattle was?

Just picked mine up and it has a minor rattle coming from what sounds like the windscreen demister vent?

Not in a rush to let Toyota pull dash apart after rejecting a Renault Clio for work carried out to rectify many many rattles went sour......

Hello, another Premiere Edition owner here (AWD version specifically, with the pano roof), picked it up a couple of weeks ago and already done 900 miles. Loving it.

I've not had any issues with creeks/rattles thankfully or indeed any issues as such. Speed bongs on mine aren't particularly loud, and they only do it about 3 times before it gives up 😂

Easily doing 50+mpg on the daily commute as a mix of town and dual carriageway driving.

• Thanks 1

.... but definitely easier parking, especially with its 360 camera. 

Have you tried the self parking feature yet? There's a lot more to these cars than an extra 15hp

2 hours ago, Jokester said:

Hello, another Premiere Edition owner here (AWD version specifically, with the pano roof), picked it up a couple of weeks ago and already done 900 miles. Loving it.

I've not had any issues with creeks/rattles thankfully or indeed any issues as such. Speed bongs on mine aren't particularly loud, and they only do it about 3 times before it gives up 😂

Easily doing 50+mpg on the daily commute as a mix of town and dual carriageway driving.

I've only done 50 miles so far, on usual driving routes and ha e an average of 81mpg.,....

Compared to the Clio I rejected this is so so quiet, but for 1 minor rattle - well, plastic blvibdation type noise which sounds like it's from the centre of dash near the windscreen vent.

Tapping on top of dash seems to give a noise when stationary - but I want to try and rule out anything simple and/or see if it goes when bedded in a bit. 

It's intermittent and only really on slightly rougher road surfaces.

Since the Clio, I'm paranoid about noises so haven't had the stereo on as yet.

Someone suggested checking the glovebox catch, but could that sound like it's from the centre front of dash?

Are your roads smooth, do you drive with music on all the time?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links