Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My new Yaris Cross Premiere edition

ColinB

20 minutes ago, PortlandBill said:

Have you tried the self parking feature yet? There's a lot more to these cars than an extra 15hp

I have. It gets confused between parallel and horizontal. So many times I have had to grab the wheel and we shudder to a halt. I have successfully parallel parked it twice with many failed attempts lol

10 hours ago, PortlandBill said:

Have you tried the self parking feature yet? There's a lot more to these cars than an extra 15hp

Not yet, I had that feature on my C-HR and used it once. I do love the 360 camera feature though, would have made life with the RAV4 easier

13 hours ago, Redgobofraggle said:

Did you ever find what this rattle was?

Just picked mine up and it has a minor rattle coming from what sounds like the windscreen demister vent?

Not in a rush to let Toyota pull dash apart after rejecting a Renault Clio for work carried out to rectify many many rattles went sour......

Not yet, I've not actually driven it much yet but the rattle is definitely there. I do want to try taking everything out of the glove box and pockets just to save myself the embarrassment if they find it is the locking wheel nut key or similar. 

• Haha 1

Pick mine up in about 4 weeks, it’s in transit but still in the factory from what I can make out. Thanks for the heads up I’ll listen out for the rattle.

Thinking about it, if it’s only the YCP that seems to get this dash rattle perhaps it’s the HUD?

47 minutes ago, HarryW2024 said:

Thinking about it, if it’s only the YCP that seems to get this dash rattle perhaps it’s the HUD?

it's not only the YCP, my Yaris had a dashboard rattle, so does one of my friend. In mine it turned out it was the steering wheel, horn/airbag cover, which is weird as I swear it did sound like its coming from the dash! My friends rattle was coming from the A pillar

14 hours ago, ic2 said:

I have. It gets confused between parallel and horizontal. So many times I have had to grab the wheel and we shudder to a halt. I have successfully parallel parked it twice with many failed attempts lol

I'm interested in other's experiences of this,  I'll start another thread

• Like 1

The rattle in mine was in the doorcard and mostly manifested when I was playing particularly bassy songs; I figured it was a connector that hadn't been secured properly, but thanks to the pothole-ridden hellscape of London roads, the connector seems to have been jiggled to somewhere where it can't rattle anymore!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HarryW2024 said:

My model is the Yaris Cross Design.

It seems more of a road vibrational artefact than a full on rattle in my view.

Has anyone check d their tire pressures after delivery + do they set them high - as I know Toyota only give a minimum.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Redgobofraggle said:

My model is the Yaris Cross Design.

It seems more of a road vibrational artefact than a full on rattle in my view.

Has anyone check d their tire pressures after delivery + do they set them high - as I know Toyota only give a minimum.

Mine were set about 5psi high on delivery

19 minutes ago, ColinB said:

Mine were set about 5psi high on delivery

Ok, I need to check mine later 👍.

It generally only myself in the car and was wondering if some of what I'm hearing is just due to a harder ride from over inflation transmitting into the cabin.

20 hours ago, Redgobofraggle said:

I've only done 50 miles so far, on usual driving routes and ha e an average of 81mpg.,....

Compared to the Clio I rejected this is so so quiet, but for 1 minor rattle - well, plastic blvibdation type noise which sounds like it's from the centre of dash near the windscreen vent.

Tapping on top of dash seems to give a noise when stationary - but I want to try and rule out anything simple and/or see if it goes when bedded in a bit. 

It's intermittent and only really on slightly rougher road surfaces.

Since the Clio, I'm paranoid about noises so haven't had the stereo on as yet.

Someone suggested checking the glovebox catch, but could that sound like it's from the centre front of dash?

Are your roads smooth, do you drive with music on all the time?

Roads up here are a disaster, especially in town so they're rough as hell with pot holes, patches and just poor quality surfaces, mine seems well put together as it's not rattly at all, town driving on the motor all you can hear is tyre noise or the artifical noise at low speed. Dual carriageway driving is fairly quiet once you get to 70mph.

Long distance motorway speeds I was getting 52mpg driving it up from Glasgow, town driving I'm getting about 80 average (goes from 60 upto 100 depending on what the engine is doing with the battery). Most of my commute is on dual carriageway with roundabouts every 2-3 miles so it's not great (lowest I've seen is 45mpg for those sections).

Talking of tyres, my tires were set 25-35psi higher than the Toyota recommended value from delivery.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Whilst awaiting delivery of my Yaris Cross Premiere I (possibly) made the mistake of downloading the User Handbook of 712 pages and Multimedia and Navigation handbook of 330 pages.

When did picking up a new car get more complex than getting 2 keys and the passenger a bunch of flowers as a thank-you and an AA map home? (Smart car a good few years ago) 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Seems common - Mine were at about 60psi when I picked them up. Judging by others' posts, a lot of dealers - no all, but a lot - have been a bit slack on the PDI it seems...

Mine even had a load of QR code parts stickers on e.g. the gear shift, the seat belt latches etc. which I'm pretty sure are all supposed to be removed during the PDI...!

Even the plastic wrap on the door sill scuff plates is still there!

4 hours ago, Cyker said:

Seems common - Mine were at about 60psi when I picked them up. Judging by others' posts, a lot of dealers - no all, but a lot - have been a bit slack on the PDI it seems...

Mine even had a load of QR code parts stickers on e.g. the gear shift, the seat belt latches etc. which I'm pretty sure are all supposed to be removed during the PDI...!

Even the plastic wrap on the door sill scuff plates is still there!

Just checked pressures. 

My dealer must have checked as 33psi front, 29psi back, just as per Toyota specs.

Just put rubber mats etc in car and looked at dash. It seems that the front of dash near windscreen is just an overhang with fixings down sides therefore, it flexes at the front. 

Lots of people are reporting that modern dash's are like this and have used a sealing strip that costs £6 - which is fully removable too to stop their dash flexing at the front and causing vibrational rattles.

May be worth a punt. If nothing else it'll stop parking tickets falling down the dash..😄

Also glovebox has a bit of play so I have some cupboard door stoppers already and may add these.

Question - as I'm going to try and zone out from the minor vibrational rattle after trying the above - but what is Toyota warranty length on interior rattles? 

9 hours ago, Jokester said:

Roads up here are a disaster, especially in town so they're rough as hell with pot holes, patches and just poor quality surfaces, mine seems well put together as it's not rattly at all, town driving on the motor all you can hear is tyre noise or the artifical noise at low speed. Dual carriageway driving is fairly quiet once you get to 70mph.

Long distance motorway speeds I was getting 52mpg driving it up from Glasgow, town driving I'm getting about 80 average (goes from 60 upto 100 depending on what the engine is doing with the battery). Most of my commute is on dual carriageway with roundabouts every 2-3 miles so it's not great (lowest I've seen is 45mpg for those sections).

Talking of tyres, my tires were set 25-35psi higher than the Toyota recommended value from delivery.

What is the Artificial noise?

Toyota, like a lot of car manufacturers, feed noise into the cabin either electronically or induction noise to make the car "sound" better to the driver. My MX5 had induction noise piped into the cabin - a bit like lift music - to make it sound "sportier".  That got removed and a proper exhaust fitted.

Techstream can disable the noise, I believe GR websites cover this as their owners want real sounds, not manufactured ones.

Slightly OT but my YCP delivery tracking has been updated to show it’s arrived in Grimsby, any idea how long from there? 

1 minute ago, HarryW2024 said:

Slightly OT but my YCP delivery tracking has been updated to show it’s arrived in Grimsby, any idea how long from there? 

Mine was a couple of days, but it didn't track after Grimsby 

Could people with theirs already post pics of the rear panel to roof joins at each side behind boot hinge? 

Mine seem a little uneven, - solidly built but a little uneven.

With boot shut you cannot tell though. 

I'm a little paranoid after my Renault fiasco....

4 minutes ago, HarryW2024 said:

Next stop Derby for a few days then from there on to your dealer. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, forkingabout said:

Next stop Derby for a few days then from there on to your dealer. 

Mine was Derby then Grimsby🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Redgobofraggle said:

Mine was Derby then Grimsby🤣

Its just a long standing quirk of the tracking - when its being transported to the next location sometimes the tracker shows it has moved back a step.

• Like 1

I was told mid Sept, but likely to be early from what’s said, my only stipulation is it needs to be on the new plate….

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links