Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My new Yaris Cross Premiere edition

ColinB

Just now, HarryW2024 said:

I was told mid Sept, but likely to be early from what’s said, my only stipulation is it needs to be on the new plate….

Should be perfect timing then.

Grimsby for a couple of days, transporter lorry to Derby for the next step then a few days later on to your Toyota dealer to do the final PDI & fit any dealer accessories.  

It will likely show up at your Toyota dealer sometime next week. 

19 minutes ago, HarryW2024 said:

I was told mid Sept, but likely to be early from what’s said, my only stipulation is it needs to be on the new plate….

Mine is due at the dealer next Thursday. Got the VIN and it says it’s Japanese built. 

JTDKGAGB10A028XXX

It's on a personal plate but will be first registered in September. 

Getting twitchy now......

Is that because the vin starts with a J? I thought all YC were made in France? 
I’ve not got a VIN yet just order number on my Toyota….

43 minutes ago, HarryW2024 said:

Is that because the vin starts with a J? I thought all YC were made in France? 
I’ve not got a VIN yet just order number on my Toyota….

Comes back as manufactured in Japan on a VIN check

Motomachi Plant, Toyota Motor Corp. Yokohama

From Toyota UK website . . . 

Decoding your Vehicle Identification Number

Although there are exceptions to the rule, the first three digits of the Vehicle Identification Number usually refer to the country of manufacture, the vehicle maker and the vehicle type.

For example, if you check the first letter of the code, ‘J’ references Japan, ‘S’ references England, while ‘V’ identifies France. Turkey gets an ‘N’, while Thailand and South Africa (where some of our Hilux vehicles are produced) get an ‘M’ and ‘A’ respectively.

The second letter is usually ‘T’, which describes Toyota, the third describes which group of cars (or sometimes which chassis type) the vehicle sits on.

The next six numbers reference the car’s body style, engine and gearbox, while the remaining eight is a combination unique to the car, listing the year the car was made, the factory it was produced in and where it came in the production process.

Unquote

So who knows? It may be "the exception to the rule" and it's the Czech Republic?

11 minutes ago, jthspace said:

Comes back as manufactured in Japan on a VIN check

Motomachi Plant, Toyota Motor Corp. Yokohama

From Toyota UK website . . . 

Decoding your Vehicle Identification Number

Although there are exceptions to the rule, the first three digits of the Vehicle Identification Number usually refer to the country of manufacture, the vehicle maker and the vehicle type.

For example, if you check the first letter of the code, ‘J’ references Japan, ‘S’ references England, while ‘V’ identifies France. Turkey gets an ‘N’, while Thailand and South Africa (where some of our Hilux vehicles are produced) get an ‘M’ and ‘A’ respectively.

The second letter is usually ‘T’, which describes Toyota, the third describes which group of cars (or sometimes which chassis type) the vehicle sits on.

The next six numbers reference the car’s body style, engine and gearbox, while the remaining eight is a combination unique to the car, listing the year the car was made, the factory it was produced in and where it came in the production process.

Unquote

So who knows? It may be "the exception to the rule"

Mine claims it came from France but has JTD at the start too

1 hour ago, Redgobofraggle said:

Mine claims it came from France but has JTD at the start too

My wife's too. 

Be interesting to understand whether this says all RHD YC’s started life in Japan but were finished off in France? 

My YC Premiere also starts with JTD.... 🤔

On 8/19/2024 at 1:40 AM, Redgobofraggle said:

What is the Artificial noise?

Well, I assume it's artificial noise - at very low speeds there's a "EV at low speed" noise so peds don't get themselves run over. It turns off at 20mph I think it says in the manual.

34 minutes ago, Jokester said:

Well, I assume it's artificial noise - at very low speeds there's a "EV at low speed" noise so peds don't get themselves run over. It turns off at 20mph I think it says in the manual.

It's added noise to the cabin to make you believe the car is doing something (induction noise etc), supposed to be what people want. Expensive cars introduce White Noise to hide engine noise. Go figure. 

Same as when you get in a lift/elevator and mindless "music" is playing.

Just been to dealer to talk about ceramic coating, explaining if they lock in any bird poo droppings/scarring they will be doing it again… anyway whilst there they had quite few cars just off the transporter, every one started with a JTD… ViN. Strange? 

Just been to the dealer as my Premier arrived a week early.  Still planned for a 2 September delivery but dropped off personal numberplates, screwless numberplate holders,  retention certificate, insurance certificate and list of Techstream adjustments to be done.

I declined all of the "offers" (various coatings and protections etc) at time of purchase but got a call from a pushy sales person (not the one I bought from) asking why I declined and then tried to argue why I should buy. I continued to decline and he offered me the paint protection for a £1.  I declined.

If anyone thinks that a dealer-applied ceramic or other coating (especially for £1) is going to be any good.......😵‍💫

I had my MX5 done with G-Technik and a 9 year warranty (6 years ago); I'll get same/similar for the Yaris with a 5 year guarantee applied in a proper environment.

IMG_8110.jpeg

IMG_6370_Original.jpeg

• Like 1

Our local Toyota and Lexus dealers were including interior and exterior protection or front Dashcam for a promotion recently and I went for the protection. 

As predicted it’s now in Derbyshire…. 

• Like 1

If it smells of sushi, then it’s japan

onions , then French 

• Haha 5

Anyone else got a very slight rattle that seems like a plastic to plastic vibration from dash near windscreen?

9 hours ago, Redgobofraggle said:

Anyone else got a very slight rattle that seems like a plastic to plastic vibration from dash near windscreen?

Mine does, I haven't taken it back to the dealers yet. It would be interesting to know whether other models suffer from this, if not it could be related to the HUD? 

9 hours ago, ColinB said:

Mine does, I haven't taken it back to the dealers yet. It would be interesting to know whether other models suffer from this, if not it could be related to the HUD? 

my wife has a Yaris X design with the tech pack (not current version) since December and she has no noise in the front screen.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 7:10 AM, ColinB said:

My head said Design, my heart said Excel and the little devil on my shoulder said Premiere. Coming from a RAV4 Excel I wanted the toys and it wasn't that much more for the Premiere with its extra power.... 

Two weeks ago we went to look at a YC to replace the 3 year old Yaris Design we currently have. Started looking at a Design with Safety Pack, but really hankered after an Excel. Got an excellent offer from a garage 35 miles from home.

As we tow a trailer tent, I thought the extra 15 hp would be useful so ended with a GR Sport with Safety Pack.  It would only have been £8 or so a month more for the Premier in Khaki but the other half has a hatred of green going back to school uniform, so Silver GR Sport it is.

• Like 4

On 8/21/2024 at 7:48 PM, Redgobofraggle said:

possible the speaker cover - mine seemed pretty loose - put a bit of foam packing under it to stop it moving....y'know the usual things you do on a £33k new car 🙄

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kental said:

Two weeks ago we went to look at a YC to replace the 3 year old Yaris Design we currently have. Started looking at a Design with Safety Pack, but really hankered after an Excel. Got an excellent offer from a garage 35 miles from home.

As we tow a trailer tent, I thought the extra 15 hp would be useful so ended with a GR Sport with Safety Pack.  It would only have been £8 or so a month more for the Premier in Khaki but the other half has a hatred of green going back to school uniform, so Silver GR Sport it is.

The Premiere comes in a number of flavours...not just Urban Khaki.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_blibby said:

possible the speaker cover - mine seemed pretty loose - put a bit of foam packing under it to stop it moving....y'know the usual things you do on a £33k new car 🙄

Do you mean the central speaker on top of the dash - which is for the SOS? 

Did you have to lift it out? If so, how?

It does seem to be up a little in the middle at top and bottom.

3 hours ago, Bob66 said:

The Premiere comes in a number of flavours...not just Urban Khaki.

Premiere also has powered tail gate and a HUD and Advanced Safety Pack as standard.  Different colours are between £600 - £900 extra though

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2024 at 5:28 AM, ColinB said:

Have the same thing on mine...tricky to track whilst driving and very annoying...thought it was the speaker...anyone found the source ?

On 8/23/2024 at 3:31 PM, Redgobofraggle said:

Do you mean the central speaker on top of the dash - which is for the SOS? 

Did you have to lift it out? If so, how?

It does seem to be up a little in the middle at top and bottom.

Meant the side speaker in the dash to the left of the HUD

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links