Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis t25 windshield washer not working

Rasse

My windshield wipers works like they should on my toyota avensis t25 sedan (year 2005). Rain sensor works and driving light washers works but the windshield washer doesn't work.

I found out that it uses the same pump for the driving lights and for the windshield (no idea how it controls where the liquid goes). I tested the washer motor and it runs good so it is not broken. Fuses are all good also. I tried different wiper relay (behind the glovebox) but it didn't help. Also i have changed the wiper switch behind steering wheel but it didn't help either.

I don't know if the problem is in the wiring harness somewhere but i want to ask first if someone has same kind of problem. Also is there some kind of relay in the windshield wiper motor that controls the washer pump?

Oh! there was another pump that i didn't see . it was on the side of the washerfluid tank :D. I'm going to try remove it in just a moment.

• 2 months later...

Hi rasse,

did you ever solve why the washer pump stopped working?

I have exactly the same issue.

Regards

peter

3 hours ago, peter.ling24@gmail.com said:

Hi rasse,

did you ever solve why the washer pump stopped working?

I have exactly the same issue.

Regards

peter

Hi!

I was blind when i had this problem and didn't see that there is two different pumps on the washer fluid tank. The smaller one (i think) on the side of the tank is the pump that pumps fluid on the windshield. There was corrosion on the pump connector and the wires was also in a bad shape.

If you have wagon or the hatchback version of the avensis t25 there should be two same kind of pumps. Actually there is three. One is for the headlights, one is for the windshield and one for the rear window. I have sedan and there is only one for the windshield and one for headlights but there was the connector for the rear window pump (not sure but that's what i was thinking). I did cut both of them out and changed the unused connector for the pump. I cutted the wires and just welded the other connector on the windshield pump wires. 

So there was just really much corrosion on the connector and wires. Hopefully this helped!

Hi rasse,

it was interesting what you did. I do not have headlight washers therefore, no spare wires. 
did you happen to test the washer/ wiper relay by any chance?

thanks for your reply

peter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links