Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 2024 Excel vs GR Sport Features

liquidv

Hi All,

So I was looking through the brochure and noticed that it states for the GR Sport "Main Features (addition to Excel)"
Wouldn't that mean everything that Excel has, GR Sport would have too? Looking further down the brochure I cut and paste everything that seems to be missing and it appears to be quite a lot for an extra £2k over the Excel.
Am I reading this wrong or is there a misprint in their 2024 Yaris Brochure?

Significantly the Auto-retractable door mirrors / Wireless mobile phone charger / parking sensors are missing in GR Sport vs Excel.

image.thumb.png.ac57b7fab227b09d1485b2bc7443ba14.png

The GR has sports seats and suspension plus the more powerful 130 engine, whether that's worth the extra is a personal decision. There is also the Premiere edition with that engine and the JBL stereo for a similar price if you prefer.

• Like 1

Just now, ColinB said:

The GR has sports seats and suspension plus the more powerful 130 engine, whether that's worth the extra is a personal decision. There is also the Premiere edition with that engine and the JBL stereo for a similar price if you prefer.

Thanks, but my question is shouldn't the GR sport have everything the Excel version has? Where highlighed with the red arrow in the picture

or should that say Main Features additional to Design instead?

Brochure seems a bit misleading.

The gr sport doesn't have everything the excel has. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

The gr sport doesn't have everything the excel has. 

that's a shame, thought it would have. Thanks

• Like 1

There are differences better gr sport and excel, the excel is the top orange and has all the toys. Premier is also top model and then is the gr sport. But there are differences in between so you need to confirm preferably in person in dealer and see each model by yourself to make sure 100% the extras you want are included in your particular trim level. Dealers brochures always been unclear. 

• Like 1

Looks like the brochure is not right if it says they are additional to the Excel.

As far as I gathered when looking the Excel is pretty much the "full fat" when it comes to gadgets. It's a shame though the GR has features missing or I might have considered it. The advice I was given was even the Premier didn't have the heated steering wheel that the Excel has (although that may be wrong for the 2024 models), so it made it hard for me to consider anything else than the Excel with Pan Roof. It would have been nice to try the 130HP but at the end of the day as my first Toyota I wanted to try all the features out.

• Like 2

I think the brochure needs updating, it's clear as mud 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They only recently updated the Yaris Cross brochure for the latest models, I relied on looking at a model in the showroom to help me choose. 

• Like 3

Toyota brochures not the best for equipment difference or kept up to date. 

• Like 2

90% sure it's an error - The Excel and GR Sport are both steps up from the Design, while the Premiere is a step up from the Excel.

Excel has stuff GR Sport doesn't and vice versa (Excel is the 'gadgety' one while GR Sport is the 'sporty show-off' one :laugh: )

• Like 6

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links