Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Tyre Time Soon! Michelin vs Continental

Cyker

Hey all,

It's new tyre time!

ATS Euromaster still have their £70 off Michelin tyres, so I can get 4x Primacy4s for £315. It does require me to drive to Harlow though (Brrr), and that thread about ATS Euromaster damaging someone's sill because they jacked it up in the wrong place still concerns me some.

However, F1 Autocentre has an offer some Continental UltraContacts for £310 but there doesn't seem to be much info about them.

Anyone had any experience of the UltraContacts? The general murmurs I have gleaned is they have very good longevity but suck in the wet so I'm leaning toward the Primacys at the moment, but it's vague information at best... :unsure:

I am a regular user of Michelin - these are currently OE on my C-HR.  But, in the past, I have used Continental and have found these pretty well similar to Michelin.  Personally, I think most, if not all, premium brand tyres give similarly satisfactory service.

I have Continental all seasons on my RAV, they were much cheaper than Michelins and give very little away in terms of performance. 

Continental Premium Contact 7 seem to be selling a lot right now. They top all the reviews, when it comes do dry and wet braking. And they're cheaper than the Primacys 4+.

Would also check what sort of tread depth they come with. I though the Bridgestone which came with my car was on the low side with 6.9mm, I have seen the conti eco 6 has only 5.9mm.

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

Anyone had any experience of the UltraContacts? The general murmurs I have gleaned is they have very good longevity but suck in the wet so I'm leaning toward the Primacys at the moment, but it's vague information at best... :unsure:

I've got experience of both but on very different cars (Aygo vs BMW 5-series), hence I can't really make a good comparison. Both appears to be good tyres. The Primacys are both grippy and durable. The Continentals appears to be good too. Defintely better grip than the Nexens we had on there 🙂 

My general advice would be to not put too much importance on cost. If price was no object, then which would you get? If you can at all afford it, then get that. You will thank yourself later. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links