Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Considering this car - thoughts?

liquidv

Hi All, I am considering this Yaris but would like some thoughts on it.
It being a 2020 model I assume the 12v Battery is on it's way, would it be unreasonable to ask the dealer to change it to a new Battery for free?
Also looking at one of the rotor pictures the brake pad doesn't look like it's seated properly, hence the very uneven scoring marks, would they most likely fix this before purchase? Or more likely a flat out "no"?

Anything else I should look out for, or ask?

Thanks

https://www.snows.co.uk/toyota/used-cars/18220098-toyota-yaris-1.5-vvt-h-dynamic-e-cvt-euro-6-s-s-5dr/

image.thumb.png.96ff7ea7562064b43196c596e0f2df8d.png

It's been sat unused for some time. Not unreasonable to ask for new Battery. There are cheaper ones on auto trader, a bit more mileage is fine. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?aggregatedTrim=Dynamic&make=Toyota&model=Yaris&postcode=Se152pj&sort=price-asc&year-from=2020&year-to=2020

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

It's been sat used for some time. Not unreasonable to ask for new battery. There are cheaper ones on auto trader, a bit more mileage is fine. 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?aggregatedTrim=Dynamic&make=Toyota&model=Yaris&postcode=Se152pj&sort=price-asc&year-from=2020&year-to=2020

Thanks, I narrowed this one down because it's black which the wife prefers, and this specific one has quite lower mileage and City pack also which is a bonus. Also being sold from Toyota dealer fills me with a bit more confidence (I've bought a dud from an independent dealer in the past not knowing until years later)

Any thoughts about the rotor and brake, seems like very uneven wear.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, liquidv said:

Any thoughts about the rotor and brake, seems like very uneven wear.

Looks like someone who reparked it did very small distance and hardly touched the brakes so they only scratched the rust from this narrow area. Test drive and proper braking (for a few times) should be enough to show the actual contact area

• Like 1

Someone like tony knows more about brakes and stripping it apart can advise later on. The photo makes me wonder how much care they will give the car given they chose to take the photo in that state and not doing anything in presentation. It may just need a proper drive and braking to clear it. 

• Like 2

Tax due March 24 according to dvla website so probably been on the dealer forecourt since then when it was traded in.

• Like 2

So 4 months not being sold, either price too high or something wrong with it

• Like 1

Its the price too high, these gen4 Yaris are the best small cars. Noticed they discount £99 in the ad. Got my design spec 23 plate new last year for £19.3k. 

A higher mileage than that will be fine, serviced by Toyota, think these cars get a 5 year warranty + 5 years relax afterwards? Someone will correct me. 

• Like 2

Indecisive wife wants 2024 refresh model now.... nevermind 😅

• Haha 3

It's always good to pick up on this sort of thing, e.g. the brakes and Battery, BEFORE you hand over any money, and make it part of the condition of sale that they get replaced/fixed, preferably in writing on headed paper but at least e-mail.

Getting it done after is a lot harder unless you are brave/crazy enough to threaten rejecting the car over it within the cooling off period!

• Like 2

Well if you don't already know, 2024 model will bong when over speed limit by 1-2 mph. Found it very annoying when I had the loan car for overnight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

Well if you don't already know, 2024 model will bong when over speed limit by 1-2 mph. Found it very annoying when I had the loan car for overnight. 

well don't speed 😉 and you will not hear it bong. The real time its annoying is when it has the wrong speed to the road and bongs.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MardyMarvin said:

well don't speed 😉 and you will not hear it bong. The real time its annoying is when it has the wrong speed to the road and bongs.

Great for you that you are able to keep within the limit always. I'm not such a good driver. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, liquidv said:

Indecisive wife wants 2024 refresh model now.... nevermind 😅

I would take a 2024 model out before you buy one...the RSA gives so many bing/bongs and nagging it will be like having 2 wifes in the car with you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Oh no way!? I always stick to the speed limit, but may on the odd occasion go over 😅

that would absolutely drive me insane, anyway to disable it? That would put me right off on the 2024 if that is the case!

• Like 1

Is this speed limit feature only on the 2024 refresh models? I assume it isn't there on the pre-refresh 2023 models?

May have to reconsider going pre-refresh if this is the case.

• Like 1

Yeah mine is a 2021 model (Good grief has it been 3 years already!? :eek: ) and can select just a visual warning and also lets you set (I think) up to 5mph over before the warning comes up.

I wouldn't mind so much as trying to exactly match the speed limit is a game I've been playing since I had a Mk1 Yaris (Digital speedos FTW!), but the problem is the system that guesses what the speed limit is so inaccurate, it would be beeping all the time (Worst would be the A406 - It's 40/50mph but is full of residential sideroads that are signposted 20mph, and the car isn't smart enough to know the signs are for the sideroads so it constantly thinks the 40/50mph road is 20mph :wacko:)

It's going to get worse too, as soon new cars will physically limit you to the speed limit it's guessed... :unsure:  Unless they massively improve the system before this becomes law, it's going to be carnage :sad: 

It's ironic these systems, which are supposed to make roads safer, are probably more likely to do the opposite...!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cyker said:

Yeah mine is a 2021 model (Good grief has it been 3 years already!? :eek: ) and can select just a visual warning and also lets you set (I think) up to 5mph over before the warning comes up.

I wouldn't mind so much as trying to exactly match the speed limit is a game I've been playing since I had a Mk1 Yaris (Digital speedos FTW!), but the problem is the system that guesses what the speed limit is so inaccurate, it would be beeping all the time (Worst would be the A406 - It's 40/50mph but is full of residential sideroads that are signposted 20mph, and the car isn't smart enough to know the signs are for the sideroads so it constantly thinks the 40/50mph road is 20mph :wacko:)

It's going to get worse too, as soon new cars will physically limit you to the speed limit it's guessed... :unsure:  Unless they massively improve the system before this becomes law, it's going to be carnage :sad: 

Is it possible to permanently disable this on your 2021 model with no visual or sounds? Thanks

Yes - It remembers what it's set to so you can 'permanently' disable the audio warning, visual warning, or both.

• Like 2

Brilliant, looks like 2024 is a no no for me then 

13 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It's ironic these systems, which are supposed to make roads safer, are probably more likely to do the opposite...!

It will put me in a foul mood just driving on empty roads. Add other traffic and, yes, I think you're right, I'd have an accident or a heart attack. 

• Like 2

The main changes of the new ones is the 130HP engine on the highest specs and the newer multi-function dash, otherwise you're not missing much.

• Like 1

The wife thinks the pre 2024 dash looks like it has bug eyes lol
The 2024 dash and main centre infotainment screen does look nicer, but the speed limiter bongs would drive me insane enough to put me off from buying it

Will convince her back to 2020-2023 models.

• Haha 1

Just changed from a 22 to a 24 yes it bongs on a regular basis but they are so much quieter than the previous model. I find them easy to ignore / not hear.

It also does a better job at knowing what the speed limit is for the given road, it ignores side road signs that the 22 model used to see and miss read. I think it also uses gps and sat nav data to know the speed limit. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links