Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T22 Avensis Service History

CrazyMango73

Hi there, I bought a 2003 T22 Avensis a month ago, everything working great. The one issue was that the first owner's service history book was never found and I wanted to try find some form of early service history. I logged onto MyToyota and to my surprise, I was able to find a good amount of service history from 2003-2007, where in each year, consumables were done.

However, I'm aware this engine (1.8 vvt-i) has serious oil issues, and so what I was really looking for was if there was evidence of Toyota replacing the engine or fixing it (I'm aware Toyota didn't recall this fault but would repair/replace for some customers). I found the following for 2004 on the service history:

"Carried out 20,000 mile full s, Consumables,Engine" < - does the 'engine' bit imply Toyota did indeed repair the engine? Just trying to ask if anyone here has something similar on their history.

Would like to add that for each year, the "Maintenance Type" is MINOR but for 2004, it's MAJOR?

I have been very surprised that the car hasn't been using oil, I've done 1000 miles (now at 66k), and the level on the dipstick remains at the max point?

Thanks for your time!

This may or may not be helpful since I skipped 1ZZ 1.8 VVTi engine, when I went from the 7A-FE leanburn to the 2ZR-FAE engines. The best thing is to keep checking the oil level and use good quality oil of the correct grade/specification. You have not had to top up the oil after 1000 miles, whichis good so far. If this includes fast driving, even better. 
You have the V5C and you can check the engine numbers match. Apparently there are car checks that will show the first V5 when the car was first registered. You can compare your current V5C to see if the engines numbers match. This is one site - https://www.motorcheck.co.uk/faqs/has-the-engine-been-replaced/

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links