Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed limit warning (RSA/ISA)

Jeff43

24 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

I just stop at the corner, get out to see if it’s clear, then carry on….do you think I’m being over cautious?

Not at all, I open the door to let the clutch out.

Coat hook time I think.

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Not at all, I open the door to let the clutch out.

Coat hook time I think.

Think you have to lay off the pot stuff at those Mcd meets.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Think you have to lay off the pot stuff at those Mcd meets.

Never liked Pot Noodles ..

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, AndrueC said:

The fact you didn't understand the post indicates your lack of vehicle control and understanding. 'Not using my brakes' doesn't mean tearing round the corner with my tyres screeching and the vehicle half over the white line.

It is possible on nearly all road vehicles to adjust the speed using the accelerator pedal. If you learn to do this you will become a better driver. You will be more aware of the road and vehicles around you. You will develop acceleration sense and you will be more in tune with your vehicle. You'll save fuel.

Keep the brakes in reserve for emergencies and for when you actually need to stop.

Try paying more attention in future and lifting off the accelerator to adjust your speed before you arrive at the bend.

Do the same as you approach junctions. Try and time your arrival such that you never have to stop in the first place.

It's a skill. One you sadly appear to be lacking at the moment.

Keep your undies on.  I understand the post but you can’t use those methods for every curve and you don’t or you’d be dead now.  If you think you need skill to ease off for a slight bend, not really I do it sub consciously but you can’t approach and bend at any speed on any gradient, that is a stupid comment.   Tony gets it but Cyker is clinically insane so I ignore his mediation.  If it makes you feel any better, your only marginally worse than the second most stupid comment I’ve heard on here and your nowhere near as bad as the fella on another forum that thinks sequential indicators are dangerous and will inevitably result in death.  Don’t worry, I come out with daft stuff on occasions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And another thing.   This Toyota Lexus safety 3.0 doesn’t just brake, it attempts to steer for you.  You can buy something without it now but in a bit everything will have it whether you like it or not.  I’ve done pushing 2000 miles with it and I’m surprised how good it is.  

• Like 1

It’s true about sequential indicators resulting in death, bloke I knew worked for Toyota and a huge box of sequential indicators fell on him, apparently he misread the signals..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 10

TBH, with the previously mentioned standards of driving, or perhaps driver awareness, if there is someone following you it's usually better to at least touch the brakes to light the back up. Otherwise they won't notice you are slowing down until they hit you.

Defensive driving.

• Like 2

No, a rear gunner is defensive driving..

• Haha 4

I was told during my driving assessments for the IAM that I should use the brakes to slow the car / bike down, rather than the gears. My usage of gears went back to the good old days when I first learnt to ride / drive where the brakes were next to useless so you had to use engine braking. Now I just use the throttle to set the right speed in advance. 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone out there agree that this feature should not be locked in to menu on the uk version of Yaris x.

To the best of my knowledge it is not just confined to that model - all 2024 vehicles have it. 

Personally, I believe all of these safety warnings (and collision avoidance) should be permanently disablable (is that a word??) - for me, they are way more of a distraction than a help. First thing I do prior to setting off is turn RSA and Lane assistance off.

A big thank you to so-call road safety experts!   Apologies, rant over.

• Like 1

I turn the RSA notification off every time I drive the car- but yeah, it's a bit of a pain.

• Like 1

Big improvement on YC versus our 3 year old Yaris is not having to hold lane assist button for 5 secs to turn it off !

36 minutes ago, TriumphMan said:

To the best of my knowledge it is not just confined to that model - all 2024 vehicles have it. 

Personally, I believe all of these safety warnings (and collision avoidance) should be permanently disablable (is that a word??) - for me, they are way more of a distraction than a help. First thing I do prior to setting off is turn RSA and Lane assistance off.

A big thank you to so-call road safety experts!   Apologies, rant over.

Edited by Yarisguy
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BlueMike1972 said:

I turn the RSA notification off every time I drive the car- but yeah, it's a bit of a pain.

6 minutes ago, Yarisguy said:

Big improvement on YC versus our 3 year old Yaris is not having to hold lane assist button for 5 secs to turn it off !

Exactly it’s a pain there should be a individual switch with 3 setting sound,visual and both shouldn’t have to go through your menu everytime.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Brown said:

Exactly it’s a pain there should be an individual switch with 3 setting sound,visual and both shouldn’t have to go through your menu everytime.

I believe this is down to EU we not in it anymore

• Like 1

I got a !Removed! beef with this function ,the parameters are too precise also sometimes you may have to accelerate on motorways for example,there are loads of speed restrictions on these now especially in wales.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yarisguy said:

Haha but your correct I want to control my car not the other way around it’s trying to control me 😡

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Yarisguy said:

👍

I having a breakdown (excuse the pun)with this feature everytime you put ignition off ,you got to go through setting,Toyota sort it out or am changing too Kia sportage 

I’ve found a way of silencing most of these warnings permanently.  Don’t break the law! Helps with economy as well 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark Brown said:

I having a breakdown (excuse the pun)with this feature everytime you put ignition off ,you got to go through setting,Toyota sort it out or am changing too Kia sportage 

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that Toyota even look at these forums, let alone read them!

• Like 4

As I’ve said before, I like these safety features on my cross, I never turn off the speed chime, I like to know if I stray over the limit..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ralph H said:

I’ve found a way of silencing most of these warnings permanently.  Don’t break the law! Helps with economy as well 😉

Wouldn't help in my commute, unless they've made the RSA significantly more accurate! It keeps reading the signs meant for sideroads and thinks the 40 and 50mph sections of the A406 is 20mph (Or 40kph...)! I keep telling it we're not in Wales but it won't listen...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Wouldn't help in my commute, unless they've made the RSA significantly more accurate! It keeps reading the signs meant for sideroads and thinks the 40 and 50mph sections of the A406 is 20mph (Or 40kph...)! I keep telling it we're not in Wales but it won't listen...

That’s why I said “most warnings’’ mine only gets it wrong once a day on my commute it reads a 40 sign on the side of a 50 limit road but it corrects itself at the first repeater sign. 
It’s better than my first mk4 that one used to tell me the speed limit on the motorway was 40 as that was the last sign it saw before joining it. This one changes to 70 the minute I get on the slip road. And it doesn’t seem to get mixed up with mph and kph like the old one. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links