Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed limit warning (RSA/ISA)

Jeff43

On 7/25/2024 at 5:32 PM, Jeff43 said:

I have driven the new Yaris Cross around south London quite a bit recently and have noticed something quite concerning. There are a number of main roads which are 40 or even 50 mph (part of the South Circular, for example) with side roads at 30 or even 20.  A few of these side roads have the speed limit pointing towards the main road and the car is picking these up and bonging at me.  My wife regularly drives past a primary school which has a sign nearby showing 20mph when there are lights flashing (when the kids are arriving and leaving).  Fair enough, but the car picks up the 20 all the time of course, and so she is bonged at for ages even  a mile or two after passing the school at midday.  Surely Toyota must be aware of how annoying these warnings are.  It's one thing to be told you're doing something wrong, but quite another to be plagued by incorrect bonging!

Another reason to keep my 2020 Yaris even longer 😁

• Like 1

Yeah mine has enough annoyances, I don't need any more! :eek: 

I'm not sure about the legality of changing how the car works via OTA firmware updates though; Imagine  one day you wake up and suddenly the cruise control and reverse camera are gated behind a subscription! :eek: 

It's one reason I really aren't a fan of any sort of OTA updates, esp. as I don't trust the security of them.

I know people who experienced this when they had a Tesla, as they'd often make massive changes between updates and the whole interface would have changed overnight!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links