Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed limit warning

Jeff43

24 minutes ago, Primus1 said:

I just stop at the corner, get out to see if it’s clear, then carry on….do you think I’m being over cautious?

Not at all, I open the door to let the clutch out.

Coat hook time I think.

• Haha 6

22 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Not at all, I open the door to let the clutch out.

Coat hook time I think.

Think you have to lay off the pot stuff at those Mcd meets.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Think you have to lay off the pot stuff at those Mcd meets.

Never liked Pot Noodles ..

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, AndrueC said:

The fact you didn't understand the post indicates your lack of vehicle control and understanding. 'Not using my brakes' doesn't mean tearing round the corner with my tyres screeching and the vehicle half over the white line.

It is possible on nearly all road vehicles to adjust the speed using the accelerator pedal. If you learn to do this you will become a better driver. You will be more aware of the road and vehicles around you. You will develop acceleration sense and you will be more in tune with your vehicle. You'll save fuel.

Keep the brakes in reserve for emergencies and for when you actually need to stop.

Try paying more attention in future and lifting off the accelerator to adjust your speed before you arrive at the bend.

Do the same as you approach junctions. Try and time your arrival such that you never have to stop in the first place.

It's a skill. One you sadly appear to be lacking at the moment.

Keep your undies on.  I understand the post but you can’t use those methods for every curve and you don’t or you’d be dead now.  If you think you need skill to ease off for a slight bend, not really I do it sub consciously but you can’t approach and bend at any speed on any gradient, that is a stupid comment.   Tony gets it but Cyker is clinically insane so I ignore his mediation.  If it makes you feel any better, your only marginally worse than the second most stupid comment I’ve heard on here and your nowhere near as bad as the fella on another forum that thinks sequential indicators are dangerous and will inevitably result in death.  Don’t worry, I come out with daft stuff on occasions.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And another thing.   This Toyota Lexus safety 3.0 doesn’t just brake, it attempts to steer for you.  You can buy something without it now but in a bit everything will have it whether you like it or not.  I’ve done pushing 2000 miles with it and I’m surprised how good it is.  

• Like 1

It’s true about sequential indicators resulting in death, bloke I knew worked for Toyota and a huge box of sequential indicators fell on him, apparently he misread the signals..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

TBH, with the previously mentioned standards of driving, or perhaps driver awareness, if there is someone following you it's usually better to at least touch the brakes to light the back up. Otherwise they won't notice you are slowing down until they hit you.

Defensive driving.

• Like 2

No, a rear gunner is defensive driving..

• Haha 3

I was told during my driving assessments for the IAM that I should use the brakes to slow the car / bike down, rather than the gears. My usage of gears went back to the good old days when I first learnt to ride / drive where the brakes were next to useless so you had to use engine braking. Now I just use the throttle to set the right speed in advance. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links