Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jimlad Vs Ferrari .....

Jimlad

Was having a play with a Ferrari yesterday on the way back from Jappys on the M1.

Dunno what type it was... it was a soft top. If someone posted some pics of ferraris from the rear I would defo be able to identify it.

I was pulling onto the MWay when it saw me and booted it past. For a laugh I just booted it after it also. Was sitting up it's bum for a bit. Whenever the road got clear the Ferrari planted his foot... so did I. The thing was the car couldn't out accelrate me... I had to hold back so I didn't end up up his backside !

After a bit of play I pulled into the middle lane along side it. Had two you chaps in the car. The passenger looked over and nodded his head.

Such a good feeling knowing that the Ferrari couldn't get away from me. I didn't know what to expect and tbh was quite suprised.

On a side note... Jimlad Vs Supra TT ....... Roughly the same story... both belting it along until I got to some seriously stupid speeds... so I backed off. The Supra was still accelerating. Due to certain peoples views etc... I'm not gonna say what speed in both cases.

looked like the ferrari 360 MD which is in the Corsa V Ferrari topic in General section. But it was a softop.

nah.... my car hoofs it.... lol.... the exhaust of the ferrari did sound nice tho... but once I started hoofing it I couldn't hear anything but mine... lol.

sorry Jim..

but i reckon he wasnt fully pushing it..

i very much doubt your car could keep up with a 360 at full pelt...

also, shouldnt this kinda of thread be kept to gold?

yeah, u cant beat the sound of a 360 exhaust. sends shivvers down ya back, one revved past me once when i was walkin down a street...***** myself. yo jim wheres best website for decals and vinyls mate? really need to find a good one. want trd n racing stickers etc.

I agree with ian

My mate has a 355 spider and it bloody quick! and if he stuck his foot down you would hear it for sure.. they are loud with the two tone exhaust which is quiet around town but loud when you stick your foot down.

I love going out in it...

Anyway.. I would not wanna own a ferrari.. especially a softtop when people spit at you and call you names and stuff!! It happens alot

Hey Jimlad... you sure it wasnt a lowered MR2 with Ferrari body kit? ... saw a few of em at JAE... look reasonably realistic... more so if lowered ;)

hehehe

sorry Jim..

but i reckon he wasnt fully pushing it..

i very much doubt your car could keep up with a 360 at full pelt...

also, shouldnt this kinda of thread be kept to gold?

I dunno... he seemed to be planting it whenever there was a straight. Just comenting on what happened..... :unsure:

so.. the 360 has 400bhp, 0-60 in 5 secs..

weighs 1390kg, develops 275lb/ft torque

and has a top speed of 183mph

I'm pushing 275ft/lb torque and 280bhp ... my 0-60 time ?? About 5 seconds.

maybe he just drives like a girl ?? .... lol.

I reckon I could give him a good run at 1/4 strip. 0-60 times are roughly the same... my car is prob more closer to 5seconds ( if I was an expert driver ).

so.. the 360 has 400bhp, 0-60 in 5 secs..

weighs 1390kg, develops 275lb/ft torque

and has a top speed of 183mph

I'm pushing 275ft/lb torque and 280bhp ... my 0-60 time ?? About 5 seconds.

not all people race mate.. he could be casually planting his foot.

true mate... true.... although he did sound like his exhaust was screaming... lol.

Either way was a bit of fun.

yeah, but a ferrari zorst sounds like its screaming at 3-4,000RPM..

you see, the supra i can believe, cos its big and heavy... power to weight ratios make sense..

but not the ferrari..

and i re-iterate.. surely as a moderator Jim, you should post these sorts of threads in GOLD - out here it sets a bad example and encorages 'race threads' to other members

lol.... ok ok ......

Just saying what happened... was he booting it ?? Maybe.. maybe not. Just saying the thing couldn't get away from me and the way he was driving suggested that he was trying to boot it.

The end..... lol.

Followed a 360 through some twisties recently at about 40mph.

I don't reckon the driver ever took it above 3000RPM but boy did it sound nice when he eased onto the throttle. And the lovely clunk-booooom gearchanges sounded equally sweet.

As for being as quick as a 360 with a 280bhp MR2, I'm doubtful. I reckon you probably could match it up to a point with power/weight but the sheer top end grunt of the Ferrari means that, when you're well into triple figures, it should just walk away from you. But then again, things don't always work out the way they look on paper.

A friend of mine with a slightly tuned Celica GT4 was absolutely eaten by a Ferrari not so long ago. They started off at 75mph on the motorway and each dropped a cog... After a few seconds there was no contest. Ferrari drivers generally don't even have to try and they know it.

Which is partly why I have a bit of a thing for the TVR Cerbera 4.5! ;)

There is so much more to how fast cars are then bhp and weight :lol:

Try xplaining to a 350+ bhp porsche driver why at a rolling start at 80 he got trounced on by a standard auto soaarer TT running trackday settings :D

jim would keep up no probs, my mate has a 360 hardtop, before that an R34, before that an RX7, after collecting the 360 i came out to say hi, how the car etc, he just shouted 'bag of **** £100,000, waste of money, both my old cars were lots faster' he meant it.

but ferraris arent about speed, yeah, theyre very fast and their top end speeds are crackin but its all about the sound and the feel of the car, the passion of having a ferrari. all people see cars differently i suppose

jim would keep up no probs, my mate has a 360 hardtop, before that an R34, before that an RX7, after collecting the 360 i came out to say hi, how the car etc, he just shouted 'bag of **** £100,000, waste of money, both my old cars were lots faster' he meant it.

phew... at least someone backed up me claims... lol.

I'm thinking the Ferrari driver just didnt want stone chips on his luverly blue paint.

Jimlad.. I know you car is rapid and I'm sure you would push your 1990 MR2 to the limits to show the rich dude that you have !Removed!. Would you drive your prize Ferrari the same way to show up an MR2 owner... I wouldnt!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links