Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mystery of dash warning lights

kavos

When I'm travelling at 70mph the following four amber lights come on 'VSC OFF' 'Car skidding' 'ABS' and '4WD' (see pics) There is no reduction in power but they are very annoying. No codes to read? What could be causing these lights to come on?

IMG_20240726_221046577_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240726_221206888.jpg

IMG_20240726_221222914.jpg

Hi Paul,Check the wheel speed sensors to see if they’re working right. They’re important for ABS and VSC, and these issues might only show up at higher speeds.Take a good look at your brake pads, discs, and fluid levels. Problems with these can trigger the ABS and VSC lights, especially at faster speeds.Make sure the 4WD system is running smoothly. Check the transfer case and differential for any signs of trouble.Look at the wiring and connections for ABS, VSC, and 4WD. Loose or damaged connections might be the cause.Don’t forget the vehicle speed sensor. If it’s faulty, you might only see problems when driving fast.Even if there aren’t any current codes, a detailed scan with a more advanced tool might reveal some useful info or past issues.

• Like 1

Thanks Bob I will check the wheel speed sensors. Sounds logical I suppose, though right now I don't know what I'm looking for LOL I'll have to research more

Scan for faults and take it from there. 
As suggested it could be a wheel speed sensor or wiring of these

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links