Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help/Advice resolving dealer/warranty issue

trashman1965

6 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

Agreed - the 2l has plenty in reserve and you'd be way over the speed limit with much more. I wouldn't say I am a person who drives at full bore but occasionally "spirited" and certainly not a hyper miler.

Going up hills you need to be using higher revs 3-4000+ but cruising yes 1750-2000

9 hours ago, trashman1965 said:

Again, armchair theory, but EGR is probably in the mix - if it's not fed evenly to all cylinders and just dumped into the intake then possibly, depending on load/air flow, its reaching one or more cylinders more or less than the others. As I say, my armchair theories - I don't know if cylinder/injector 3 is nearer or further away from where EGR enters the intake or the airflow in certain conditions means it just gets more.

The EGR is distributed across the legs of the manifold, it's not just dumped in behind the throttle plate. I'm not going to be convinced that fouling is really the issue until I've seen one in that condition.

• Like 1

Just wanted to provide an update. 

Picked car up about an hour ago. Seems fine now and back to how it used to drive. MPG needs to recover but seems willing to go into EV mode more than before. Could be my imagination. 

Only did about 20 miles going round and round the ring road to get it warmed up thoroughly and mixed driving. So far so good. 

All 4 fuel injectors and fuel rail replaced. Done free of charge to me and no charge for the Aygo X I had as a loan. 

Have a longish drive Friday and Saturday so I'll report back on how it goes and MPG but do far so good. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links