Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Cross Excel vs Premier

jthspace

I was speccing up a Premier edition and then compared against an Excel

I noticed that the Premier can't have a panoramic roof and manual rear hatch.   It gets an HUD but overall, I can't seem to get my head around the fact that the Excel comes out at £30,895 and the Premier to similar spec at £32,500

The Premier has a bigger bhp and HUD

No electric rear hatch  and no panoramic roof.

Looks like an Excel for me as I want a glass top, HUD would have been nice, but.....

What brochure / price list you looking at as the panoramic roof is an £330 optional extra on Excel, GR Sport & Premier editions according to the July 2024 priceless.

3 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

What brochure / price list you looking at as the panoramic roof is an £330 optional extra on Excel, GR Sport & Premier editions according to the July 2024 priceless.

Toyota site, buy online. Roof not available on the Premier. 

If it is available, then the only "loss" in getting a Premier is the powered tailgate. 

Power tailgate standard equipment on Excel & Premier editions.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Power tailgate standard equipment on Excel & Premier editions.

Wasn't on one online Toyota site, is on another! This is getting so weird.  Looks like a trip to Steven Engle(😵‍💫) but not Cambridge.

Download the latest brochure & price list from the Toyota website & check the specifications - both will be dated July 2024.

Yep, but when you build the car, panoramic roof not offered on Premier. Trip to dealer..........

I wouldn't even bother attempting to build / spec a car up using the Toyota website - it's much complained about for being inaccurate 🤣

• Like 2

Both screen shots from the July 2024 pricelist & brochure.

Screenshot_20240728-083714.png

Screenshot_20240728-083950.png

• Like 2

Well they did themselves out of some money from me then as the one I have on order is an Excel - I'd had a look on the online builder and saw it couldn't be configured before talking to the dealer. The salesperson confirmed the premier couldn't pan roof or heated steering (as per the online builder) and so the Excel was the top model for features. Shame as I would have gone for the 130HP and they would have had more money!

• Like 2

Heated steering wheel standard equipment on 24 MY Excel & Premier edition.

Screenshot_20240729-164902.png

• Like 2

My dealer didn't even know the original Excel could have a HUD - I swear they still think mine is a Launch Edition despite the fact it's clearly not red :laugh: 

It seems to be a chronic issue with a lot of dealers - You get some like DevonAygo and PartsKing who actually pay attention and care to know what they're talking about, but most others seems to know less about the cars and options than we do! To be fair, even if you e-mail cr@toyota.co.uk, which is as close as you can get to the horses mouth, even they don't always know or give the correct response! :wacko: :laugh: 

I think you do kinda need to size up the sales person though - In hindsight I really should have asked for someone else with mine, as it was clear the guy assigned to me wasn't interested; I felt like I was being an inconvenience to him, which is a stark contrast to some of the good sales experiences I've read about on here where they actually listened and talked to you for more than a hot minute!

I have a Premiere Cross, delivered a few weeks ago... with a Pan roof ,and a heated steering wheel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've ordered a Premiere Cross; got a price between "CarWow No Trade-in" and Dealer with Trade-in" and some Extras thrown in.  Overall, happy with the deal at Steven Eagell St. Ives.  Very helpful sales and a GR Sport for the afternoon to compare 115 / 130 hp engines and sound deadening.  Due for delivery in September.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jthspace said:

I've ordered a Premiere Cross; got a price between "CarWow No Trade-in" and Dealer with Trade-in" and some Extras thrown in.  Overall, happy with the deal at Steven Eagell St. Ives.  Very helpful sales and a GR Sport for the afternoon to compare 115 / 130 hp engines and sound deadening.  Due for delivery in September.

Carwow....also helped me save a fair bit. The 130 Premiere ...quieter, smoother , nippier and more frugal, as compared to the Excel 115, that I part exchanged.  That delivery date is good , I waited a bit longer for mine.

• Like 2

I've just tried a configuration and it looks like the online tool is showing both pan roof and heated steering now for the Premiere.

I also used carwow and whatcar to do comparisons - whatcar came out a bit cheaper so I used that. Ordered the Excel in the Titan Bronze with the pan roof and protection pack for just under £28700 earlier in the month.  I don't know if that compares favourably or not...

Interestingly I did visit St Ives for a 2nd hard car and put the holding deposit down but it didn't end up in a sale (not to do with the car) which I chalked off as a learning experience for myself and ended up elsewhere.

Hopefully I won't end up regretting getting the Excel due to poor information but not a lot I can do about that as it's left the factory and on it's way!

• Like 1

Missus has a 24 MY Excel ( without pan roof ) & loves it, loads of technology 👍

• Like 1

If you do feel regret, just remember you've saved a whole chunk of money :laugh: 

TBH unless you're like me and obsessively need the HUD, it's not that much of a loss. Even the more powerful drive train, while nice, the original one is still plenty responsive and punchy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Been advised that the dealer is expecting my Yaris Cross Premiere on the 30th August.  Although it's going on a private plate, I'll wait until the following week so as to get a "74" plate if we ever remove the private one.  Probably won't make an iota of difference,but.....

Playing with photo editor 🤣

Photoroom_20240730_175938.jpeg

Photoroom_20240730_180131.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I know those Fen hills well (or should I say potholes) 🤣

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tim5000 said:

I know those Fen hills well (or should I say potholes) 🤣

They are actually the Norfolk Mountains, where I've spent many a holiday climbing their rugged 1 degree slopes.

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links