Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car faults after fuel suction plate recall

Johnnya26180

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had similar problems after recall.car drove for about 100 miles when I topped tank up after car was delivered back too me.As I said car drove fine then after filling up again with petrol car started acting erratic no acceleration managed to limp home called out AA but only code was p0171 fuel mixture lean bank 1.Currently car starts drives normally until revs go above 3000 then there is no power also parking brake fault appears and vac system off also traction control light thanks in advance 🙏 🙏 

When did this recall happen?

38 minutes ago, Paul john said:

When did this recall happen?

2 weeks ago

1 hour ago, Johnnya26180 said:

2 weeks ago

I could only find info on the one on 2010. Back then they were saying that not replacing the unit would cause what you describe. Can you check the work? Or perhaps post picture?

10 minutes ago, Paul john said:

I could only find info on the one on 2010. Back then they were saying that not replacing the unit would cause what you describe. Can you check the work? Or perhaps post picture?

I can't get access to it I have to take the vehicle down to my local Toyota garage which is 20 odd miles away don't want to drive it and they said 160 too toe it down 

Just now, Johnnya26180 said:

I can't get access to it I have to take the vehicle down to my local Toyota garage which is 20 odd miles away don't want to drive it and they said 160 too toe it down 

We didn't receive any receipt or work info off them we have been trying 

If it is a recall of Toyota Service Bulletin, no receipt will be issued as you won't have paid for the work.

Presumably it is this ongoing recall:

It is fuel starvation - merely moving the pump into the new plate may have started to make it fail, if you filled the tank right up that may have added to the issue

access to the fuel pump should be from under the back seat

Edit. VSC, ABS and TC lights will come on with the engine management light when a hard code is set, it's a Toyota thing - hay look at me I have a problem and lights up the dash like a Christmas tree

• Like 2

Maybe whoever worked on the car has messed up something along the fuel system and now the car gets less fuel and more air and this will trigger the fault code. Your fault is related to this so you need to go back to the place and ask to test and fix it. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links