Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Android Auto Connection Problem

jimscullion

I've just bought a 2019 Aygo X-plore VVT-I, and I'm really pleased with it. My only issue is in connecting my phone to it using USB. I've tried using both my own and my wife's phones, both fairly new Samsungs. The result is the same for both. When I select the connection icon (circled) on the car screen, it goes to the "waiting for connection" screen. I connect my phone using the USB cable, but nothing happens. After a short while the "waiting for connection" screen times out and disappears. I'd really appreciate any advice that anyone can provide to try to resolve this.

20240801_192651.jpg

20240801_192702.jpg

Have you tried connecting wirelessly? (check the Android Auto app on your phone to make sure it is enabled in the app) I'm pretty sure that that AygoX model connects AA wirelessly.

Using the original cable that came with the phone or try different cables. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to clarify, it's not an Aygo X I've got. Just an Aygo.

• Thanks 1

Are you using a quality lead ?

I find the Anker cables to be good 👍 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've found a solution to this, or at least a partial one. My Aygo has a two button infotainment unit, and I now understand that only the three button units support Android Auto.

I still have a question though. Why does my unit have an icon for connecting my phone to the car, when it's impossible to actually connect my phone to the car??

Topic moved to the Aygo forum.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, jimscullion said:

I've found a solution to this, or at least a partial one. My Aygo has a two button infotainment unit, and I now understand that only the three button units support Android Auto.

I still have a question though. Why does my unit have an icon for connecting my phone to the car, when it's impossible to actually connect my phone to the car??

Clarify:

It is impossible to connect to connect through USB.

You need to connect it with bluetooth (wireless).

Bring up this screen:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.65711a831c8be974dad7f97fd5b11153.jpg

Open up bluetooth on your phone, then look for "MY TOUCH SCREEN".

You'll need to give it permission to use phone contact / messages / audio etc.

12 minutes ago, Vandals01 said:

Clarify:

It is impossible to connect to connect through USB.

You need to connect it with Bluetooth (wireless).

Bring up this screen:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.65711a831c8be974dad7f97fd5b11153.jpg

Open up Bluetooth on your phone, then look for "MY TOUCH SCREEN".

You'll need to give it permission to use phone contact / messages / audio etc.

Yes, thanks, I know all that. The icon has nothing to do with bluetooth. It seems to serve no purpose.

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem on my AYGO X 2019. I can connect the phone for hands free calls and notionally for music.

If I try and connect my phone using the cable I watch the screen say connecting... forever and then logging off.

I even bought a new phone, but that didn't work either and I've tried a variety of cables.

Would a Toyota dealer be any help? 

10 minutes ago, Vestboy said:

I have exactly the same problem on my AYGO X 2019

Which head unit do you have - without touchscreen, two button with touchscreen or three button with touchscreen?

I have had the same problem on my aygo x 23 plate been to dealer twice both times they say it's not the car 

But after they have touched it my, phone connects for a week then stops again so I don't know what the problem is if you fix it let us know 

On 8/1/2024 at 8:13 PM, jimscullion said:

I've just bought a 2019 Aygo X-plore VVT-I, and I'm really pleased with it. My only issue is in connecting my phone to it using USB. I've tried using both my own and my wife's phones, both fairly new Samsungs. The result is the same for both. When I select the connection icon (circled) on the car screen, it goes to the "waiting for connection" screen. I connect my phone using the USB cable, but nothing happens. After a short while the "waiting for connection" screen times out and disappears. I'd really appreciate any advice that anyone can provide to try to resolve this.

20240801_192651.jpg

20240801_192702.jpg

I was under the impression that from 2018 onwards all cars had a 3 button unit. Perhaps someone has done a sneaky change, or the car had sat before it was registered.

Re the connection icon, that only works with much older phones from around 2014 (when the mk2 was introduced) and then you could get a nav app, but later operating systems are not compatible with the system

6 hours ago, Kental said:

I was under the impression that from 2018 onwards all cars had a 3 button unit. Perhaps someone has done a sneaky change, or the car had sat before it was registered.

2018 was still the era of 2 button radio (no Carplay / no AA).

2019 was the year which the 3 button radio introduced.  It was limited to the top model (X-Trend) or the X-cite where owners willing to pay for an upgrade.

2020 was the year where 3 button radio rules the Aygo world.  You CAN still get an Aygo without the 3 button radio, but it has to be the lowest model such as "x" (just a single letter x, no X-play / X-Citie but just X) where the car doesn't have reverse camera, no fog lights and no alloy wheels...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links