Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris dashboard lights/electrical issues

ZFK2024

Sorry to hear that, but he should standby his word, which I assume hes not.

Assuming he did actually swap out the dash cluster. If whacking the dash still brings up lights, I would next be looking at the loom connectors for supply, ground and the can bus connection points.

Seeing as you can reproduce the problem, it should be much easier to resolve.

Picked up car with new Battery and lights back on again this morning 😢never ending nightmare with this car. Waiting for call from Toyota - hopefully they will know where to start looking at the wires as I am going to charged by the hour for this to be found 

I've followed this thread with interest and can feel the frustration of the op.

Intermittent faults like this can be very very difficult to trace but a big clue with this one is that it seems to respond to a good 'whack'. Personally I would look at waggling any and all connectors around the dash and under the dash to see if the fault can be recreated.

Typical issues could be a poor crimp in a multiway plug socket or even a bad earth where a bunch of wires are bolted to for example the body work around a door frame.

These kind of connectors can be problematic if the wire crimp is faulty. This is one wire in for example a multiway socket.

Good luck, I hope you get this sorted.

Screenshot2024-09-06104347.thumb.png.abb3264caf6c5d0865d6ec040919d568.png

Screenshot2024-09-06104523.thumb.png.4bac52891cfcca9a121cb2f9656dc099.png

• Like 1

As I previously said it is the eco-run/stop-start module issue

Drop me a PM with your VIN and I will look up the module

Thank you both,

@Mooly-am really hoping dealership technicians will look for this kind of thing and just out of curiosity, would they have relevant tools to detect bad wired fuses or do they have to be visible?

@flash22-car is back in with Toyota since yesterday to be looked on Monday so can’t get access to VIN at present  😢Would a fault code not show up specifically in the eco run stop start module? 

no they can cause no end of electrical issues the dash messing about being one of them, codes are a symptom, not the issue, you need to use them as a diagnostic aid

the dealer will quote you a go-away price, in no order - ecu, B-ecu, wiring loom, new cluster - 1 or a combination of these parts

unless they have a highly skilled tech, which is rare these days I doubt you will get far

• Like 2

Been following this, no comment by myths as I have no experience with these but I hope the price is covered by warranty or any sort of insurance or third party warranty. Otherwise this could happen to be a costly repair. 
Finding a non obvious faults is often mission impossible for many people. 
If no one can help you can try the man who can do it , unfortunately he is located in Netherlands. 
https://youtube.com/@diagnosedan?si=MGlx2-tTsKiib-l0

14 minutes ago, flash22 said:

no they can cause no end of electrical issues the dash messing about being one of them, codes are a symptom, not the issue, you need to use them as a diagnostic aid

the dealer will quote you a go-away price, in no order - ecu, B-ecu, wiring loom, new cluster - 1 or a combination of these parts

unless they have a highly skilled tech, which is rare these days I doubt you will get far

Cluster has been replaced not by dealer. Dealer have tested ECU and said it is fine and doesn’t need replacing. So I guess wiring loom is next? 

I will see to them about eco run stop start module when talking on Monday. 

I am at a loss, do I cut my losses and just sell the car for parts at a significant loss? It is 9 years old and mechanically perfect. I can’t believe that Toyota themselves wouldn’t be able to sort issue 

7 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Been following this, no comment by myths as I have no experience with these but I hope the price is covered by warranty or any sort of insurance or third party warranty. Otherwise this could happen to be a costly repair. 
Finding a non obvious faults is often mission impossible for many people. 
If no one can help you can try the man who can do it , unfortunately he is located in Netherlands. 
https://youtube.com/@diagnosedan?si=MGlx2-tTsKiib-l0

Not under warranty unfortunately. I am in Ireland so wouldn’t be able to get to Netherlands to have car fixed 😥

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ZFK2024 said:

Cluster has been replaced not by dealer. Dealer have tested ECU and said it is fine and doesn’t need replacing. So I guess wiring loom is next? 

I will see to them about eco run stop start module when talking on Monday. 

I am at a loss, do I cut my losses and just sell the car for parts at a significant loss? It is 9 years old and mechanically perfect. I can’t believe that Toyota themselves wouldn’t be able to sort issue 

Ok, then hopefully the dealer technicians be able to find the issues and fix them. 

see what they say on monday, dealers don't retain fully trained staff with the knowledge as they do not want to pay them what they are worth, you then get dealers with parts fitters that can only follow a flow chart on a computer screen - the outcome of this is you get some very expensive parts thrown at the car as issues like this get very complex

4 hours ago, ZFK2024 said:

am really hoping dealership technicians will look for this kind of thing and just out of curiosity, would they have relevant tools to detect bad wired fuses or do they have to be visible?

Things like this often are not visible, that's half the problem. Its surprising how often 'low tech' methods can work best in situations like this such as the waggle of plugs/sockets etc to try and get a handle on where any issue might be. It sounds crude but it often works.

• Like 1

Just something I remembered there, the day after this issue first began at the beginning of July, I took to my usual mechanic, he scanned and it show a yaw rate sensor fault ..we brought it to get that replaced the next day but got a phone call to say that it was an electrical issue because all the different faults were showing …am clutching at straws here but would that initial diagnosis have any sort of correlation with the issues now…it was never mentioned since then 

50 minutes ago, ZFK2024 said:

Just something I remembered there, the day after this issue first began at the beginning of July, I took to my usual mechanic, he scanned and it show a yaw rate sensor fault ..we brought it to get that replaced the next day but got a phone call to say that it was an electrical issue because all the different faults were showing …am clutching at straws here but would that initial diagnosis have any sort of correlation with the issues now…it was never mentioned since then 

It could be. 
Any possibility of rats attack on the car? If these chew through cables in the wire loom can potentially cause a similar intermittent electrical problems. Just an idea to look for something. 

As flash has said all these stray fault codes and dash lights are symptoms of the fault, and do not indicate the cause.

A poor connection in the wiring  or faulty module on the can-bus can cause a fluctuation in supply voltage which generates spurious data on the can bus.

Hence the xmas lights on the dash.

Keep thumping and jiggling until you locate the problem area. Get yourself a cheap obd fault code reader so you can clear the faults and retry locating the problem zone.

You can get your vin from your log book, dont need the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links