Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

trouble making calls

adtatton

I have a 2017 corolla CE. when I make a call, it goes through normally and I hear the person on the other end clearly. They however cannot hear me. I have tried re-pairing the phone and the bluetooth in my stereo. No help. I found that if I turn off the radio, then the other person can hear me fine. Is there some sort of "mute" setting in the bluetooth causing the issue or do I have a defective radio?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks  Al

When you say turn off the radio, is it not muting when the phone is active? Can't speak for the 2017 corolla, but presumably that is same/similar to UK Auris. On that, and current cars you had to go jnto the paired phone settings and enable what services were available ie media, phone, contacts. 

Actually what I meant is that the person I call cannot hear me. But if I turn off the radio and just use my cell phone there is no issue.

OK, so you can hear them through the car, controls work etc? If so it could be the car's microphone or cabling or faulty head unit. 

If it's been serviced by Toyota then you may be covered by the Relax extended warranty. 

Thanks. No warranty. Using the voice option to make a call works fine, so my reasoning tells me it is probably defect in the head unit. Your input and my assessment appear to be on the same track. Wish there was a simpler (i.e. less expensive) alternative. I guess that for now I will live with it until I can find a good used head unit (as I can't afford a new one)to replace mine. I appreciate your fast reply. Have a grear day.  Al

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links