Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Search a very good automatic Toyota under 6k $

German Dude

Hey People from best community in the word,

I am living in Germany and searching for an automatic car with a petrol Engine under 6k $. I am searching for Toyota or other japanese cars except Nissan. In Toyotas, I found the Toyota Ractis. It has 1,33 petrol engine with the multidrive CVT-Gearbox. I like to buy a Toyota 100% but with CVT I do not know. Do you know any Toyotas from 2010 with real transmissions. I also visited my local workshop, he said that Toyotas before 2010 has critical problems with automatic transmission. I need really help to not buy a bad car.

Thank you Folks

A German Dude

Your contact is probably referring to Toyota's Multi Mode Transmission (MMT), which was a manual gearbox with an automated clutch. These can prove troublesome.

From the third generation European Yaris (2011- 2020), petrol versions used CVTs, which have been far more reliable.

The Ractis was sold in Europe as the Verso S.

• Thanks 1

Most Toyotas use Aisin CVTs and automatics they do not explode like the Renault/Nissan Jatco transmissions that being said you need to keep up with fluid and filter changes

being a JDM import you may have issues with parts, not sure how it would be taxed and tested (TUV) as it's not a euro spec car/engine and I know TUV can be very strict

have a look at the Auris, the hybrid with the e-cvt (not really a CVT) is very reliable, if you want a smaller car 1.0 or 1.33 IQ maybe a better first car (CVT) the Aygo's are all MMT automatics as is the mk2 yaris what is best avoided

• Thanks 1

I would buy from german marketplace. I will search more. Thank you for your hints. I am just too young and has not get in touch with automatic cars. Thnak you

9 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Your contact is probably referring to Toyota's Multi Mode Transmission (MMT), which was a manual gearbox with an automated clutch. These can prove troublesome.

From the third generation European Yaris (2011- 2020), petrol versions used CVTs, which have been far more reliable.

The Ractis was sold in Europe as the Verso S.

Which models has the reliable transmission? Avensis, Verso, Corolla? Thank you very much for the informations.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links