Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front fogs relay

E12rolla1727

Hi, I’ve a Toyota Corolla e12 hatchback and I was trying to install front fog lights, I got the plugged in to the stock wiring and put a fuse in but they still won’t work I was reading a few bits there and saw it might be a relay that needs to be put it but I can’t find where it is, if anyone knows if they could let me know that’d be great thanks 

Hi,

Does your cars steering column switch have a position for the Front Fogs or just the Rears  ?

From what we can see the Front fogs are powered by their own 15A fuse and the  Front Fog relay which should be located at the bottom of the engine bay fuse box by the Battery.

The rear fogs are driven direct  from the 15A Tail fuse and Column Switch.

002161.thumb.jpg.c6a41795816138f10009f9c6ce55713b.jpg

Hi, thanks but my fuse box in the engine bay doesn’t have a fog light relay spot so I don’t know weather I need a new fuse box or no?

Had a '99 Avensis many years ago. Wanted to fit front fogs. Connectors in the bumper, fuse and relay. Assumed 2 lamps and appropriate stalk and would work. No... Told the looms were different and had to fit the accessory  kit with loom , switch and lamps etc. 

Wiil check on our fuse box later today to be sure ours is as per that diagram.

If not as @Corolla Mike. says , you can buy such genericfog light  wiring /relay kits on the usual sites for under £20.

You might be able to get hold of a  proper Toyota type of dashboard switch to make it look better.

Not sure if your are actually in a foggy area, as we hardly ever use ours and they are not particularly effective,  but wonder if fitting DRLs intsead of Fogs might be a better upgrade ?

• Like 1

Afraid that fuse box diagram is not for our models , sorry!

If you look under the dashboard  / behind the glove box  ( just pulls out / unclips after removing the damper screw) you will see the main internal fuse box and our handbook states fuse no. 28 is the 15A Fog.

The handbook does show 3 small relays in that box, but non are for the Fog lights  and no hint as to where it may be..

When you remove the fuse box cover there are legends of the fuse locations stamped on it, that might show the relays as well.

Think there might be a small relay box somewhere under there, but cannot get to them  as suffering a back injury atm.

11 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Not sure if your are actually in a foggy area, as we hardly ever use ours and they are not particularly effective,  but wonder if fitting DRLs intsead of Fogs might be a better upgrade ?

Front fogs aren't for lighting the road ahead, they shine at an angle so that you can still find the verges of the road when visibility ahead is close to nothing at all. They become redundant at the point where you can safely go faster than 10mph, but they're worth having as dummy lights, just to smarten up the aesthetics of the front end. I've had 2 or 3 occasions where they've been genuinely useful within my brief 28 years of motoring.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red_Corolla said:

Front fogs aren't for lighting the road ahead, they shine at an angle so that you can still find the verges of the road when visibility ahead is close to nothing at all. They become redundant at the point where you can safely go faster than 10mph, but they're worth having as dummy lights, just to smarten up the aesthetics of the front end. I've had 2 or 3 occasions where they've been genuinely useful within my brief 28 years of motoring.

Good point taken, though think it depends on your local conditions.

These days , being inland, we rarely seem to have any really bad fogs that front fogs lights would be of use,  though with the OP living by the coast he may actually need them ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, oldcodger said:

Good point taken, though think it depends on your local conditions.

These days , being inland, we rarely seem to have any really bad fogs that front fogs lights would be of use,  though with the OP living by the coast he may actually need them ?

Oh, absolutely they can be useful if you ever find yourself in extremely heavy fog, and there are areas where that will be far more likely than it is in my own stomping ground, such as mountain regions etc. When you're so blinded that you're at risk of veering off into a ditch (or worse); that's when they come into play.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links